Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Suppress Columns
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am printing an actual and a target number across 13 months. I need to suppress the target column unless it is the last month. Is this possible in 7.1.3? I found a posting that used a parameter to prefix the target field conditionally, but I can't get it to work.

Posting by Tim J on March 7, 2006:
First set a prefix variable to hold a space or a comment string. In my case I was looking at a field that held a group code:
-SET &COL_CMT = IF &parmcd EQ '2' THEN '-*' ELSE '';

Any column in my report that I wanted to eliminate if the code was a value of '2', I placed this prefix (in this case, in front of a unit qty column):
&COL_CMT.EVAL cy_units AS 'CYTD Qty'

WF 766
Win2K

Posts: 50 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 16, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Suzanne:

We just upgraded to 7.1 this weekend and my code is still working for eliminating columns based on a value.

This was for an initial summary report containing totals for three different Type Codes (1, 2 and 3). When the type code was selected to drilldown to the detail report, it was stored in &parmcode.

The detail report checked this value at the top in a SET command and eliminated certain columns when it equaled '2'.

You are trying to prevent an ACROSS column value from printing until the last month? I am trying to picture a way to do this, but it seems like you would either suppress it or include it in all the months since it is an ACROSS field.

I will try to think of a solution.

Tim J

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Suzanne;

Is this what you are looking for?

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY
ACROSS CAR
COMPUTE TARGET/D12=20000;
END

The key is to put the COMPUTE statement after the BY and ACROSS.

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011

Posts: 995 | Location: Gaithersburg, MD, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Computing the target after the across displayed the data in the format I needed. However, I had to conditionally color the cell for the last month based on a comparison to the target. To get this to work, I had to pull 13 months of data, hold it, pull the target, hold it, more them together and then use the alias column names to compare month 13 to the target.

Thanks for your help.

WF 766
Win2K

Posts: 50 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 16, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
suz,
sounds like double verbs would do it for you
DEFINE FILE CAR
TARGET/I8S=SALES;
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM TARGET NOPRINT BY COUNTRY
SUM SALES BY COUNTRY BY CAR
AND COMPUTE FLAG/I1=IF SALES GT TARGETVAL THEN 1 ELSE 0;
END
--syntax has nothing to do with your request, but you get the idea of how to create a target value, hidden , as the first col in your output and do your comparing via computes.
Handy for full year totals cranked out ahead of row-totals, so you have them available for crunching.
Your technique in your first post is nifty...i was using &NOPRINT var after each variable, calculated to be either '' or 'NOPRINT' based on some condition or other. I liked your idea of -* vs ' '. I'll try it.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post