Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSE] Active PDF in 8.1.05

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSE] Active PDF in 8.1.05
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have tried using ActivePDF in both DevStudio and AppStudio 8.1.05 and IE 11. I have the current version of Acrobat Reader 11, and in IE 11 / Manage Add-ons, I see both "Shockwave ActiveX Control" and "Shockwave Flash Object" showing enabled.

However, a simple TABLE request ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT APDF shows a single dot - '.' - along with a red question mark.

When I right mouse click the red question, a dialog for "Enable Content" appears, but when that button is clicked, nothing happens?

Thoughts?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

For APDF, You have to enable flash Player in your Adobe Reader.
Once the APDF downloaded, Open it in Adobe Reader.
I am hoping that this will solve your problem.

Thanks!
@vi

WebFOCUS 8105, Dev Studio 8105, Windows 7, ALL Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Opening Acrobat Reader 11, I select Edit / Preferences / 3D and Multimedia Options: the check box for "Enable playing of 3D content" is checked, and the "Preferred Renderer" is set to DirectX9.

Are there any other settings?

Thanks.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Additional Note: there is the following note in the 7.7 Active Technologies doc (DN4501006.0716) on page 29 -

"1. In Windows Internet Explorer, click Internet Options from the Tools menu.
2. Select the Advanced tab.
3. Scroll to the Security section and ensure that Allow active content to run in files on My
Computer is not selected."

This seems counter-intuitive: is it a typo?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hmmm- not getting much response here. Is anyone still using this output format - APDF - , given the current reputation of Flash?

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
Does the APDF report run if you do as indicated in step 3. Scroll to the Security section and ensure that Allow active content to run in files on My Computer is not selected."

Also, Microsoft disabled the use of ActiveX controls by default. To re-enable the
functionality, you have to go into your browser settings and enable ActiveX
again.

Once you follow the instruction in the document you mention is your APDF report working?

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post