Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (CLOSED)Report Headers disappear

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(CLOSED)Report Headers disappear
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Im not sure how to phrase the problem I am having.

I am using document composer and have approximately 20 reports I am working with, all 20 reports use the same parameter &PIDM so I am only looking for data regarding one person.

I currently am looking at a 3 page layout . Page one is primarily fixed reports that generally speaking have a fixed length address, name , phone etc. the next set of reports are of variable lengths, giving by year, giving by designation etc. these I configured as flowing and made them position dynamically to the previous report.

All reports are SQL passthru and HTML formats. I had no problems with the data but after a while my report headers began disappearing. I noticed this as I was attempting to incorporate the 17th report.

It is my intention to delete the troublesome 3 reports and reinsert them but i thought I should ck to see if anyone else had encountered this issue. Th data seems fine and the behavior is what I had hoped for except that my individual reports are missing titles. I am using pageheaders if that makes any difference but i tried report headers and that mad no difference as the titles of the inserted reports currently have no names after report 15.

Thanks for your responses in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Geoff Fish,

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Is that a compound PDF report with components positioned relative to each previous component?

We have a case where wrapped text (with CRLF converted line breaks) in a SUBFOOT disappears between two pages of output if it doesn't fit within the page. It sounds like you may be having the same or a similar issue with SUBHEADs.

We got an ETA for a fix from IBI for version 82xx. According to IBI there is no workaround. My interpretation is that the fix will be due within a couple of years and it will mean upgrading Frowner

To add some more detail; we are using a master page layout that puts a page-heading on each page. The problematic SUBFOOT is at the bottom of the first COMPONENT within the remaining area of the master page. That also means that our "problem page" is actually positioned at absolute coordinates, it's the subsequent reports that are positioned relative to the problematic one. So either relative positioning has nothing to do with it, or the next page somehow influences the previous one (under the right conditions) when positioned relative to it.

Our SUBFOOT is defined like so, perhaps there are similarities?:
COMPONENT='Report1', POSITION=(+0 +0.25), DIMENSION=(* *), RELATIVE_
ON PART_NO
	NOSPLIT
	SUBFOOT
		"<t.DESCRIPTION"
		"<t.LONGTEXT"
TYPE=REPORT, COLUMN=LONGTEXT, WRAP=&W_LONG, LINEBREAK='CRLF',$
TYPE=SUBFOOT, BY=PART_NO, STYLE=NORMAL, HEADPANEL=OFF,
	BORDER=LIGHT,
	WRAP=18.5,
$
TYPE=SUBFOOT, BY=PART_NO, LINE=1, ITEM=1, STYLE=BOLD,$

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Wep5622, Some of the components are fixed and static, because the initial 5 or 6 are of fixed consistent length. After the first group the number of rows becomes highly variable, one report may have 5 rows for one individual while the same report may have 50 rows for anohter individual so These reports are flowing and positioned relative to the previous report. Even the first few of these work ok and then my headers stop rendering. When I run the code separately they are OK but not within the compound document.

Will update if I discover anything

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
On a related matter if I have a new page and insert a report on the new page I seem unable to position it relative to last report on the previous page

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
It appears that deleting the problem reports and re inserting them has solved my problem. However when I ran out of space and tried to add additional pages the reports from separate pages would no longer connect, The solution to that problem seems to be to insert them without putting them on a page. I inserted them into the document composer work space below the 2nd page and they sill work if they are "flowing" and relative to last previous report. The page seems to be a margin guideline as much ad anything .

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Geoff Fish:
It appears that deleting the problem reports and re inserting them has solved my problem. However when I ran out of space and tried to add additional pages the reports from separate pages would no longer connect, The solution to that problem seems to be to insert them without putting them on a page. I inserted them into the document composer work space below the 2nd page and they still work if they are "flowing" and relative to last previous report. The page seems to be a margin guideline as much as anything .