Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Multiple dropdowns populated with typeFex

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Multiple dropdowns populated with typeFex
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have 2 dropdowns on a page that are populated with 2 separate FEXs. Everything is in the same folder. The problem is only one will get populated. When I remove either one, the remaining dropdown gets populated. Here are my selects:

<SELECT id="rptParmWeek" name="rptParmWeek" disabled datafield displayfield datasource="app/prutil02f.fex" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeFex" IBIMR_folder="#productionre" ibiapp_app IBIMR_domain="mydomain/mydomain.htm"></SELECT>
<SELECT id="rptParmWeek" name="rptParmWeek" disabled datafield displayfield datasource="app/prutil01f.fex" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeFex" IBIMR_folder="#productionre" ibiapp_app IBIMR_domain="mydomain/mydomain.htm"></SELECT>

Each proc (prutil01f and prtuil02f) is querying the same table, but using different criteria and returning different columns.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I'm not an HTML guru, but I think the problem is that both of your select boxes are given the same name, so when the fexes are run, they both return values for the drop-down box to the same control. Try changing the name/id's to rptParmWeek1 and rptParmWeek2.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Sorry, that was a copy/paste error. They are named differently, with each having their name=id parms.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Did you try doing it in the GUI? Sometimes if I flub something up in text I revert back to doing it in the GUI (from scratch) to see if it works there...

Production: 7.6.6 WF Server  <=>  7.6.6 WF Client  <=>  7.6.6 Dev Studio
Testing: <none>
Using MRE & BID.  Connected to MS SQL Server 2005
Output Types: HTML, Excel, PDF

Posts: 230 | Location: Wichita, KS | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, I did actually...which is why I was surprised. I know there are some "gotchas" like if you use a master file for chained dropdowns, I think it must be the same master file for both in order to work. I wonder if there's a similar "gotcha" when using a FEX to populate dropdowns. To clarify, my two dropdowns are not chained and they each have their own FEX. The only thing though is that each fex is using the same table, returning different results.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Without seeing all of your actual HTML page and fexes, it's hard to go much further. Do you have something simple created using CAR?

There is also another way of doing this that we used before this functionality was put in the GUI. We created fexes to manually construct the HTML for the values in the dropdown boxes and save format alpha, then use -HTMLFORM to the launch page which contains the !IBI.FIL.filename; in the appropriate places. I can give you more details if you can't get it working the other way and need a workaround.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I know how to do that as well...that is an option I suppose if I don't get this working. I just thought there might be some obscure rule I was missing. I'll try to reproduce the problem with CAR.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
ok, here's the code. for dd1.fex:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT DST.COUNTRY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

for dd2.fex:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT DST.CAR
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT XML
END

To reproduce, it's easy...just add 2 dropdown lists and assign dd1.fex to one, and dd2 to the other.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Works perfect for me. Here is the entire HTML that the layout painter produced. Try comparing this to what yours produced.

<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>HtmlPage
</TITLE>
<BASE href=HTTP://kmsbapp2:80>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.6000.16608" name=GENERATOR>
<SCRIPT id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
function window_onload() {
UpdateData();
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
}
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto">
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 40px; WIDTH: 280px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 50px" tabIndex=1 name=combobox1 ibiapp_app IBIMR_folder="#travjunkvacr" sourcetype="typeFex" datatype="1" datafield displayfield datasource="app/dd1.fex">
</SELECT>
<SELECT id=combobox2 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 40px; WIDTH: 330px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 110px" tabIndex=2 name=combobox2 ibiapp_app IBIMR_folder="#travjunkvacr" sourcetype="typeFex" datatype="1" datafield displayfield datasource="app/dd2.fex">
</SELECT>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Exact same code. I'm not too surprised though. Frowner

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Just tried it on 7.6.4 and it worked there too.

Here's the code it produced.
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>
<BASE href=HTTP://localhost:80>
//Begin function window_onload
UpdateData();
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>

<META content="MSHTML 6.00.3790.2817" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" edaconnectionrequired="true">
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 50px; WIDTH: 250px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px" tabIndex=1 name=combobox1 datasource="app/dd1.fex" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeFex" IBIMR_domain="developm/developm.htm" IBIMR_folder="#travjunkp0x1" ibiapp_app></SELECT> 
<SELECT id=combobox2 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 140px; WIDTH: 280px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 90px" tabIndex=2 name=combobox2 datasource="app/dd2.fex" datatype="1" sourcetype="typeFex" IBIMR_domain="developm/developm.htm" IBIMR_folder="#travjunkp0x1" ibiapp_app></SELECT> </BODY></HTML>

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Here is the "FULL" html that is produced in 7.6.4 -- not just what you see on the HTML tab in the HTML painter...

You might compare this to yours just in case...

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_RelCallBack type=text/javascript>function AdjustChildrenPosition(){
}
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_OptionsScript type=text/javascript>
var rltVersion = "764";
var cgipath = "cgipath";
var ibirls = "ibirls2";

var rltdyncalendar = "rltdyncalendar";
var gmap = "ibigmap";
var olap="olap";
var olappanebase="olappanebase";
var olapdrill="olapdrill";

var ibixmltree="ibixmltree";

var ibiOptions = new Array(cgipath,ibirls);
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_nls src="/ibi_html/javaassist/nls.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigbl src="/ibi_html/javaassist/ibi/html/js/ibigbl.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT id=IBI_ibigblloadCss type=text/javascript>
ibigblloadCss(null);</SCRIPT>
<TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>
//Begin function window_onload
UpdateData();
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload
</SCRIPT>

</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto" edaconnectionrequired="true">
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 50px; WIDTH: 250px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 30px" tabIndex=1 name=combobox1 ibiapp_app IBIMR_folder="#travjunkp0x1" IBIMR_domain="developm/developm.htm" sourcetype="typeFex" datatype="1" datasource="app/dd1.fex"></SELECT>
<SELECT id=combobox2 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 140px; WIDTH: 280px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 90px" tabIndex=2 name=combobox2 ibiapp_app IBIMR_folder="#travjunkp0x1" IBIMR_domain="developm/developm.htm" sourcetype="typeFex" datatype="1" datasource="app/dd2.fex"></SELECT>
<INPUT id=layoutinfo style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden inputcontrolids="combobox1;combobox2">
<INPUT id=IBIMR_domain style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=developm/developm.htm name=IBIMR_domain>
<INPUT id=IBIMR_folder style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=#travjunkp0x1 name=IBIMR_folder>
<INPUT id=ibif_ex style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=app/dd1_2_test.htm name=ibif_ex>
<INPUT id=ibiapp_app style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden name=ibiapp_app ismre="1">
<INPUT id=ibic_server style="LEFT: -100px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: -100px" type=hidden value=EDASERVE name=ibic_server></BODY>
<SCRIPT id=IBI_loader type=text/javascript>
getActiveReportJscript();
setUserInfo();
</SCRIPT>
</HTML>

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Exact same code. I'm not too surprised though

Exact same as compared to what? There are a lot of difference between this and what was in you original post. If it was the exact same code, it would work the same way. (uh.. in theory) Smiler

I think what Trav is trying to say is that this isn't a problem with WF. WF is creating things just fine. There's something in your fex or something else we can't see that is causing the problem. Use the dd1 and dd2 fexes against car and create a new HTML page to run a report including those parms. something like:
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT COUNTRY CAR
WHERE COUNTRY EQ '&COUNTRY'
WHERE CAR EQ '&CAR'
END

If that works then just make your code "more" exactly like the sample code.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I tried each of the HTML code segments posted, adjusting the folders, domains, etc, and it's still not working for me. So I guess there's something else going on.

Thanks.

Mark
WF 7.6 Windows

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hate to say it, but I think you're at a point where you need to open a case. This is fairly basic functionality that we're talking about not working. Agreed that it might be a little unique, but not so much that it shouldn't work.

Tech Support is going to want traces and such and that might be the only thing that really reveals what is going on.

It's either going to be something really silly that we're not thinking of or that is configured differently on your end -- or you're looking at some deeper rooted issue...

Good luck.