Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
SQL STOPPED WORKING
 Login/Join

posted
Francis et. al.,

After I got the embedded SQL to work once, the next day it stopped working again. I don't think I changed anything and I have verified I can hit each of the tables individually. Right now it just returns NO HTML OUTPUT. At some point it also said EDA no data. Please take a look. Hopefully it is just syntax???

SET SQLENGINE = SQLORA
-*SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION OOIFAS
SQL SET SERVER OOIFAS
-RUN
-*SQL SQLORA PREPARE SQLOUT FOR
SQL SQLORA
Select Description, Beginning_balance,Realized,unRealized_pl, UNRELAIZED_OCI,
purchases,issuances,sales,Settlements,activity,
transfer_in,transfer_out, net_transfers,
ending_balance
from (
select d.Description, c.disclosure_group_seq_id,c.disclosure_line_seq_id,d.sortby_order,
Sum(Beginning_balance) Beginning_balance,Sum(Realized) Realized,Sum(unRealized_pl) unRealized_pl,
Sum( UNRELAIZED_OCI) UNRELAIZED_OCI, sum(purchases) purchases, sum(issuances) issuances,sum(sales)
sales,sum(Settlements) Settlements,sum(activity) activity, sum(transfer_in)
transfer_in,sum(transfer_out) transfer_out,sum(transfer_in)+sum(transfer_out) net_transfers,
sum(ending_balance) ending_balance
from FAS157.bkt_category_disclose_xref a,
FAS157.rollforward_output b,
FAS157.disclosure_item_xref c,
FAS157.disclosure_line d,
FAS157.disclosure_table e
Where a.master_bucket_seq_id = b.master_bucket_seq_id
and a.master_portfolio_seQ_id = b.master_portfolio_seq_id
and a.master_category_seq_id = b.master_category_seq_id
and b.enterprise_system_seq_id = 2
and a.bkt_cat_pfolio_xref_Seq_id = c.bkt_cat_pfolio_xref_seq_id
and c.disclosure_line_seq_id = d.disclosure_line_seq_id
and c.disclosure_table_seq_id = e.disclosure_table_Seq_id
and e.table_name like '2.1%'
group by d.Description, c.disclosure_group_seq_id,c.disclosure_line_seq_id,d.sortby_order) a
order by sortby_order;
TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLD01 FORMAT ALPHA
END
-RUN
TABLE FILE HOLD01
PRINT *
END
-RUN

Mike Anderson

Posts: 14 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Could it have something to do with the UNRELAIZED_OCI field? Should it really be typed that way or should it acrtually be UNREALIZED_OCI?

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
EDA no data
means no data was retrieved, based on the selection criteria and joins. If you got no other error messages, then the request ran, unless you have "SET XRETRIEVAL=OFF" before the request - no data is retrieved.

Check for other messages.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Mike,

Confirm that your query is returning no records by running the SQL component in an Oracle client such as Golden or Toad.

I'm guessing that your data may have changed from yesterday such that one of the tables in the join has no records, or at least one of the filters you are using does not qualify any records.

I'd remove a filter at a time and see if any records pop up. Once you see records, you'll know which filter is causing no records to be qualified.

Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Sean et. al.,

It's always the obvious stuff that gets you. I did as you suggested - started taking out the 'where' type checks and voila. Now it is just a matter of pinpointing where this query asks for something it shouldn't. At least we know the SQL reporting functionality vs these tables is there. Just need to fix the query.

Thanks again.

Mike

Mike Anderson

Posts: 14 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: May 20, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Glad to help Mike.

Sometimes our ETL folks run jobs that change a column of data that needed to be left as is, causing no records to be returned. So that's how I pinpoint the problem and advise them what column they need to address.

Regards,
Sean

------------------------------------------------------------------------
PROD: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode
TEST: WebFOCUS 7.6.2 on Unix AIX/Tomcat/Servlet Mode

Posts: 210 | Location: Ottawa | Registered: November 03, 2005Report This Post