Focal Point
[SOLVED] Ampersands

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1247094776

July 29, 2015, 10:48 AM
GavinL
[SOLVED] Ampersands
I know I can use &| to allow webfocus to know this isn't a variable, but when I was at summit, they talked about a SET command that would do the same thing so you don't have to change all your amps to amp bar. I was thinking it was SET &ECHO = ALL; but that doesn't seem to be working. I also tried SET DEFECHO = ALL; which also didn't work.

Anyone know which command to set?

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server
July 29, 2015, 10:51 AM
GavinL
Nevermind, coworker remembered it..

-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
July 29, 2015, 11:44 AM
Francis Mariani
Well, that's a revelation!!! I did not know about NOEVAL - always something to learn! Thanks Gavin.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
July 29, 2015, 12:30 PM
GavinL
Amazing the hidden things we find or is mentioned somewhere, but not easily found. Careful with that though, because any actual variables being used will not work with NOEVAL set.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
July 29, 2015, 06:37 PM
Waz
Same here, I just wish there was a list of these hidden gems.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

July 30, 2015, 02:34 PM
David Briars
quote:
...mentioned somewhere, but not easily found...
I was curious as to where it might be documented.

I've read the -HTMLFORM syntax listing in Chapter 5 Managing Flow of Control in an Application in the Developing Reporting Apps manual, several times over the years, and didn't remember seeing the 'NOEVAL' option.

Did a search and there was the '-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL' syntax 'hiding' in the 'Amper Auto-Prompting Considerations' section of Chapter 3! Definitely needs to be listed in the syntax section.

I will try this parm the next time I am building URL querystrings, within a HTML form construct.

Great share Gavin! And please ask your coworker to join FocalPoint. Smiler
August 11, 2015, 12:16 PM
Kevin W
This sounds vaguely familiar. Check the contents of Walter Blood's Hidden Gems classes from this year's Summit. I don't have time to dig for it.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 (Someday 8)
Windows 7, All Outputs
In Focus since 1983.
August 11, 2015, 12:50 PM
Doug
Try these:More Hidden Gems Hands-On: Walter Blood, Information Builders (2014), Part 5 (2015) He did an Awesome job in presenting this, every time...

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
August 11, 2015, 01:04 PM
CoolGuy
Good to know! Thanks Gavin!

Oh the day the docs are actually updated properly and the search actually works decently... If only...

Until then... To the forums!! lol

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.
March 20, 2017, 03:34 PM
GavinL
quote:
Originally posted by David Briars:

Did a search and there was the '-HTMLFORM BEGIN NOEVAL' syntax 'hiding' in the 'Amper Auto-Prompting Considerations' section of Chapter 3! Definitely needs to be listed in the syntax section.

The URL David was mentioning as I was just in search of it again..
http://infocenter.informationb...e/source/topic36.htm

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!