Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Date format HYYMDI

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Date format HYYMDI
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I know there is a lot of information out there and I have reviewed the Using functions manual andndescribing data with Webfocus, but I just can't seem to figure out the easiest way to convert a date format HYYMDI to either YYMD or HYYMDs which is the format most of the tables I use are in. With the HYYMDs format I can change the usage format to YYMD without issue.

Here is the format in the the master table.

Can someone either direct me to documentation that would show me an example of this or provide an example. I would really like to put the define in the MDF file if possible.

Thanks in advance for your help.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WEBFOCUS 7.14
WEBFOCUS.8.04

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Cathy,

If you have dev studio then you should be able to locate the Functions help file under ...srv80\home\doc\dmfunc.chm. There is also a PDF version in the same location. I have this as a shortcut on my desktop.

The equivalent location on the server should also contain these files.

Once you've got that or the function to search on is HDATE, this will convert any date-time format to a date format.

Good luck

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you Tony. I don't know how many times I used the HDATE function (because that what I figured) but it wasn't working. Guess it was the developer that wasn't working right todayWink

Thanks!

WEBFOCUS 7.14
WEBFOCUS.8.04

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Cathy,

I always double check the syntax in the help file, but don't forget that there is another method in the MFD (MDF "wooden't work Wink).

As I posted on another thread -

At many Customer sites I will add additional date columns to SQL data sources to allow both datetime and date formats. All you have to remember with SQL data sources is that the ALIAS MUST be the data source column name, whereas the FIELDNAME can be anything within reason (for this see "Defining data" in a manual for your release).
So, you will often see this when I leave synonyms for Customers -
-* ATA 2014/05/14 Alternate date column to allow selection via YYMD etc.
FIELDNAME=datefield, ALIAS=sql_datefield_name, USAGE=HYYMDS, ACTUAL=HYYMDS, MISSING=ON, $
FIELDNAME=datefield_DMYY, ALIAS=sql_datefield_name, USAGE=DMYY, ACTUAL=DATE, MISSING=ON, $

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post