Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Dev Studio Config Error and IE8 (Webserver not accessible)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Dev Studio Config Error and IE8 (Webserver not accessible)
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Here's the issue. I had this problem with DS 7.6.5 when some of my users downloaded IE8 to their machine though it was not officially supported by the company and definitely not by IBI. In Show Environments where you specify the web server name, if they used the alias like they were supposed to, they got "Webserver not accessible". The domain name didn't work either. The only workarounds were to use the IP address or back off IE8.

So yesterday, I needed to test 7.6.11 where IE8 is supported by IBI because the company is moving that way by fall. Everything else worked very well. However, the configuration issue in Show Environments still exists. Other than the obvious reasons why using an IP address is not advisable, this also affects Google Maps development and maintenance using DS.

I have opened a new case referencing the case I opened for the 7.6.5 issue. I have an unfounded suspicion that this problem in environmental but I need something to go on before I tackle our 'help' desk.

Has anyone else run into the issue with 7.6.10 or higher and using a domain name or alias in Show Environments and either got it to work or if failed, how the issue was correct?

I look forward to your ideas.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GinnyJakes,

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi all,

FYI, I check with our internals and was suggested that Ginny's issue is more of environment specific.

Ginny, when you have an update/solution from the case, would you mind post it here for future reference? Thank you in advance for sharing with all. Smiler

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You are correct, Kerry. I thought it was environmental as well but just needed help working through the process as this is not my area of expertise.

The latest news is that I installed Microsoft patch MS10-018 (KB980182) and the problem went away. This is a security patch.

I will be closing the IBI case shortly and this post as well.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ginny or Kerry,
I was curious to see if either of you have encountered issues with change management while using 7.6.11 and IE8? We are currently having issues trying to promote .htm's to our Production machine and we are currently testing 7.6.11 with IE8.

Thanks,
Erin

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files

Posts: 130 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming you are talking about MRE. We only have a production system for the users and don't use MRE very much so I don't have any experience with your issue. Sorry. Frowner

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Ginny,
thanks for the quick response. We have opened a case with IBI on this matter and I was hoping to possibly get some insight from here to see if we could expedite our issue.

Thanks again,
Erin

WebFOCUS 7.6.9

Reporting client Windows 2003 Service pack 2 using IIS and TomCat 5.5
Reporting Server OS/400 V5R4M0
Outputs: HTML, Excel, PDF, CSV, and Flat Files

Posts: 130 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post