Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Graph Query through ReportCaster in WF7.61

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Graph Query through ReportCaster in WF7.61
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
We have some Graphs hold from GRAPH Queries, then we add these graphs in TABLE Query through stylesheet. These reports have been working fine from version 4.31, 4.36, 5.33 and 7.61 with CGI configuration.

Now we changed to WFServlet in 7.61 for some other reason, these reports through ReportCaster do not show graphs any more (showing the reports but missing graphs). It is same we run the reports through DSTSCHED (just missing the graphs). If we ran the reports outside of ReportCaster, the reports are just fine (show reports and graphs).

It must be something related ReportCaster and Java, but not sure what is happening yet. Anyhelp is appreciated.

Posts: 118 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: June 12, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
You just scared me....we are upgrading tomorrow...and I wasn't sure I tested a Report Caster Job that runs a report with a Graph in it....so tested..and it's fine.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Prarie, are you using WFServlet?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
My Admin People say we have are graphs configured to JSCOM

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Do you mean IBI_USE_JSCOM3=YES in cgivars.wfs file? If yes, I did set up in that way.

I did run Diagnostics verification, and everything shows PASS.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
From My Admin Jeff.

Under 76 I believe the IBI_USE_JSCOM3=YES variable has gone away. In the WebFOCUS Client console IBIF_graphservurl should be blanked out. This is in cgivars.wfs and if changed directly in the file system then the application server will have to be restarted. IB recommends setting them in the client console

< !WFConsole begin Graph>
ENABLE_SSG =YES
IBIF_graphengine =GRAPH53
IBIF_graphservurl
IBIF_graphservurl =

IBIF_graphAgents =10
SSG_EXTERNAL =NO
< !WFConsole end Graph>

WebFOCUS Reporting Server --> Workspace --> Configuration --> Java Services should be started

Check the properties of Java Services and verify your jdk is showing in your path (If not you will most likely have to add it to the windows system path)

In the ReportCaster server configuration the GraphServURL should be blanked out. This is not needed when using JSCOM

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much Prarie for your replies!

I have tried to test these reports in 3 different settings: 1) empty GRAPHSERVURL to use JSCOM3, then all the reports with graphs won't work (reports showed with no graphs). 2) I restored the default setting for GRAPHSERVURL, which work for reports with graph outside ReportCaster. I tested these two without enovironment variable IBIJAVAPATH, which is the older method. 3) As first two methods did not work, I added IBIJAVAPATH, and result of this is same as 2). The difference is less error message (only FOC3251).

The followings are the error messages if I empty GRAPHSERVURL, and no IBIJAVAPTH variable to use JSCOM3:

FOC1522) InvocationTargetException : ibi.ntj2c.ntjprerr: CALLPGM execution

(FOC1522) error CPJAVA: Error in processing EXECUTE command for Class

(FOC1522) ibi.srv.graph.IBIRunJSCOMGraph

SVG FILE SAVED ...

0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 29 IN PROCEDURE JSGRAPH FOCEXEC *

(FOC3251) IMAGE FILE UNREADABLE OR INVALID: xx.svg

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Sorry that did not work. I believe I'd open a case with IBI.