Focal Point
[SOLVED] (FOC1131) INVALID FIELDNAME

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1287080395

November 05, 2010, 11:01 AM
db
[SOLVED] (FOC1131) INVALID FIELDNAME
I have masterfile with several joins and I get an error when I execute the fex against it. I have researched and checked several possible causes, but still get the error. The field in question is the same format as the join field in the parent. What's causing this error?

(FOC1131) INVALID FIELDNAME CO_NBR FOR IXFLD. EMP-VIEW LN 93

WF 5.3.3

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
November 05, 2010, 11:33 AM
dbeagan
You will probably need to provide the master and fex. Even better if you could reproduce the error on an IBI sample file such as CAR.

Remember, a particular error message can have many different causes and situations where it might occur. Someone here might be able to get a lucky guess to solve your issue, but better would be for you to start by providing the master and fex.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06
November 05, 2010, 02:45 PM
db
Error message:
(FOC1131) INVALID FIELDNAME PRISM_CO_NBR FOR IXFLD. EMP-VIEW LN 93
0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 124459 LINES= 124459

Masterfile:

FILE=emp-view, SUFFIX=SQLORA
SEGNAME=EMPLOYEE, SEGTYPE=S0, $
FIELD=EMPLOYEE_NBR, ALIAS=EMPLOYEE_NBR, USAGE=P10, ACTUAL=P6, TITLE='Employee,Number', DESCRIPTION='10-character employee number', HELPMESSAGE='10-character employee number', $
FIELD=PRISM_CO_NBR, ALIAS=PRISM_CO_NBR, USAGE=P2, ACTUAL=P2, MISSING=ON, DESCRIPTION='PRISM Company Number', HELPMESSAGE='PRISM Company Number', $
SEGNAME=COMPANY, SEGTYPE=U, PARENT=EMPLOYEE, $
FIELD=PRISM_CO_NBR, ALIAS=PRISM_CO_NBR, USAGE=P2, ACTUAL=P2, MISSING=ON, DESCRIPTION='PRISM Company Number', HELPMESSAGE='PRISM Company Number', $
FIELD=COMPANY_DESC, ALIAS=COMPANY_DESC, USAGE=A50, ACTUAL=A50, $
FIELD=GEN_LED_CO_NBR, ALIAS=GEN_LED_CO_NBR, USAGE=A3, ACTUAL=A3, MISSING=ON, TITLE='General,Ledger,Company,Number', $
FIELD=HR_CO_NBR, ALIAS=HR_CO_NBR, USAGE=A2, ACTUAL=A2, MISSING=ON, $

Access File

SEGNAME=COMPANY,
KEYFLD=PRISM_CO_NBR,
TABLENAME=HR.COMPANY,
KEYS=1,
IXFLD=PRISM_CO_NBR,
CONNECTION=xxxxx,$
November 07, 2010, 03:53 PM
Waz
And what is the Master and Field on the othere side of the join ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

November 07, 2010, 11:00 PM
Dan Satchell
The error message refers to your foreign key, but your host key field, PRISM_CO_NBR, occurs twice in the EMP-VIEW master - once in the EMPLOYEE segment and again in the COMPANY segment. Maybe that is the problem.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
November 08, 2010, 09:54 AM
db
Changed the alias to COMPANY_NBR in the COMPANY segment and didn't get the error. However, I had tried that before and still got an error. It's working now. Thanks, I appreciate all reponses.