Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Field Reformat duplicates in ALPHA output

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Field Reformat duplicates in ALPHA output
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I have a query doing PCHOLD FORMAT ALPHA. For the PRINT stmt fields that have reformatting (eg. EMP_I/I8L), the output file ends up showing both the unformatted and formatted versions of the field.

Is there something I can code so just the formatted version of the field(s) end up on the output file?

Posts: 59 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: September 01, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Add "on table set holdlist printonly" to your request. This should solve your problem.

Posts: 115 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: May 28, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
That worked great, thanks for the info. Now I'll try to get 2 for the price of 1. What is the absolute easiest way to write date fields to a hold alpha file with slashes still included? I have the /mdyy format which produces the desired slashes when I run it as a report, but the slashes don't show up when I hold it to the alpha file.

Posts: 59 | Location: Minneapolis | Registered: September 01, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
fieldname2/A10 = EDIT(fieldname1,'99/99/9999');
I think this will work for your date formatting.

Posts: 406 | Location: Canada | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
This doesn't seem to work for me, it seems that the date is stored internally in that "number of days since the beginning of time" format. Eg. 2005/03/27 comes through as 38072, with 38072 ending up being picked up by the edit command.

Expert
posted Hide Post
What is the format of the Date field?

We need to know that before making any suggestions.
Cheers.

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Inside, your date is a "Smart Date", number of days elapsed since beginning of last century.
There are serveral ways to text it, but an easy one is
itemp/I8YYMD = MYDATE;
atemp/A8=EDIT(itemp);
MYNEWDATE/A10=EDIT(itemp,'9999/99/99');
or as curtis says, if your date is mdyy, then just flip things around.

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post