Has anyone else observed this difference or have a 'fix' for it?
We've discovered that reports executed within a dashboard do not output in 7.6.4 as they did in 7.1.3.
In 7.6.1 the dashboard did not need a specific place to receive the output of a report initiated by double clicking on it's name showing in a Folder or List 'block'.
Every report launched in this way simply appeared in its own pop-up browser window.
In 7.6.4 the output of such reports (with an all-defaults configuration) now requires an "Output" block to act as a reporting output container. All reports launched from the Folder/List block appear in the Output block, each displacing the output of the previous report.
- Absent an Output Block, double clicking on the name of a report produces nothing.
- Even with an Output Block all is still not well. If the report is too wide or too tall for the Output block, one must click on the block's expansion icon (upper right corner) which opens a pop-up browser window containing the report. This replicates the behavior of 7.1.3.
While the foregoing is an undesirable step backward in the utility of the dashboard interface and another example of IBI's product inconsistency between releases, a more severe malfunction has been observed:
If the dashboard includes both a list of reports (in a Folder or List block) AND an a report run automatically in a Launch block, then the following behavior is observed:
1) The dashboard opens showing the list of report names (Folder/List block) and a report in the Launch block (1st content).
2) Double click on a report name in the list of reports and that report's output replaces initial report's output in the Launch block (2nd content).
3) Expand the 2nd report's output by clicking on the 'expand' icon in the upper right corner of the Launch block and a browser window pops up containing the FIRST report, the one run automatically when the dashboard initially appeared!
4) The dashboard's Launch block continues to display the second report (in the "background", as it were). [The expand icon appears confused as to what it is to expand!]
1 - Is there a configuration value somewhere that will restore the automatic pop-up browser window behavior of 7.1.3?
2 - How do I fix the issue of the wrong report expanding?
WIN/2K running WF 7.6.4
Development via DevStudio 7.6.4, MRE, TextEditor.
Data is Oracle, MS-SQL.