Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Convert Timezone and Perform Where Clause

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Convert Timezone and Perform Where Clause
 Login/Join

posted
Our back end Data base stores everything in GMT. I need to be able to run report where ticket open date is GE to a EST date/time. I have been able to create a computed field that will convert the GMT to EST but that is after the selection is already done so my record selection that is retured is off a bit. Record selection is still based on GMT.

Here is how I computed the date/time for EST but this is after record selection. I would like to do this in the Where clause somehow.

-SET &CURR_DATE = &YYMD;
-SET &START_DST = EDIT(&CURR_DATE, '99990310');
-SET &END_DST = EDIT(&CURR_DATE, '99991103');

DEFINE FILE PROBSUMMARYM1
opentimeconvert/YYMD=HDATE(PROBSUMMARYM1.PROBSUMMARYM1.OPEN_TIME, 'YYMD');
startdst/YYMD=&START_DST;
enddst/YYMD=&END_DST;

COMPUTE opentimedst/HMDYYS = IF PROBSUMMARYM1.PROBSUMMARYM1.opentimeconvert FROM startdst TO enddst THEN HADD(PROBSUMMARYM1.PROBSUMMARYM1.OPEN_TIME, 'HOUR', -4, 8, 'HMDYYS') ELSE HADD(PROBSUMMARYM1.PROBSUMMARYM1.OPEN_TIME, 'HOUR', -5, 8, 'HMDYYS'); AS 'OPEN TIME'

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Instead of performing your query on the offset database field, why not subtract the appropriate # of hours from the filter?

WHERE ORIGINAL DB_DATETIME_FIELD GE &userSuppliedDateTimewithOffsetApplied

WF: WebFocus 7.7.03
Data: Oracle, MSSQL, DB2
Output: HTML/AHTML,PDF,EXL2K FORMULA, COMT

<JG>
posted
Tony

Using Reg.exe to Offset Time Zones From a Windows-Based System

http://www.informationbuilders.../developers/timezone

If you happen to be on a LINUX/UNIX then it's extremely easy

from inside a WebFOCUS focexec run the following code

FILEDEF tz DISK tz.sh (APPEND
FILEDEF ESTDATE DISK date.ftm
-RUN
-WRITE tz bash
-WRITE tz export TZ=EST
-WRITE tz date > date.ftm
-WRITE tz cat date.ftm
!chmod 777 tz.sh
!./tz.sh
-* read the file to get variables
-READ ESTDATE &x.A4. &ESTMON.A3. &x.A1. &ESTDAY.A2. &x.A1. &ESTTIME.A8.

The nice thing about this on UNIX is that it accomodate daylight saving

Report This Post