Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Image dimensions for compound PDF layout

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Image dimensions for compound PDF layout
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
We have a compound PDF layout that uses relative positioning of components.

Recently, we added a component that displays an image read from a BLOB. Unfortunately, the component seems to ignore the image dimensions, displaying the image behind the next component and beyond the page area limits.

Is this supposed to work? We are on a fairly buggy 8.1.03 server (upgrade to 8.2 is due).
Alternatively, is there some method to obtain the BLOB's image dimensions so that we can be specific about the required component dimensions?

Our compound document looks like this:
SET PRINTPLUS = ON
SET HTMLARCHIVE		= ON
SET FILECOMPRESS	= OFF

COMPOUND LAYOUT PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
 UNITS=CM,
 OBJECT=BOOKMARKS,
$
SECTION='section1',
 LAYOUT=ON, METADATA='1^0.75^1^0.75^1',
 MERGE=OFF ,
 ORIENTATION=PORTRAIT , PAGESIZE=A4 ,
$
PAGELAYOUT=ALL, NAME='Page Master',$
(...)
$
PAGELAYOUT=1, NAME='Page layout 1',
 text='Page layout 1',
 BOTTOMMARGIN=3.85, TOPMARGIN=5.9,
 LEFTMARGIN=1, RIGHTMARGIN=1,
 METADATA='BOTTOMMARGIN=3.85,TOPMARGIN=5.9,LEFTMARGIN=1,RIGHTMARGIN=1,',
$
-*# Page 1 ; Layout: GEN00501b_relative_page_layout
-*# Component 1 ; Components on page: 7
COMPONENT='Report1',
(...)
$
-*# Component 3
COMPONENT='Report3',
 TOC-LEVEL=2,
 BYTOC=3,
 RELATIVE-TO='Report2',
 RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT,
 POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT,
 POSITION=(1 +0),
 DIMENSION=(* *),
 ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION,
$
-*# Component 4
COMPONENT='Report4',
 TOC-LEVEL=2,
 BYTOC=3,
 RELATIVE-TO='Report3',
 RELATIVE-POINT=BOTTOM-LEFT,
 POSITION-POINT=TOP-LEFT,
 POSITION=(1 +0),
 DIMENSION=(* *),
 ARREPORTSIZE=DIMENSION,
$
(...)
$
END
(...)
SET COMPONENT='Report4'
TABLE FILE INT00035H_OBJECT
PRINT OBJECT_ID				NOPRINT
BY desc.DESCRIPTION			NOPRINT
BY raw.DESKTOP_OBJECT		NOPRINT

ON desc.DESCRIPTION SUBHEAD
"<desc.DESCRIPTION"

ON raw.DESKTOP_OBJECT SUBFOOT
""

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
 INCLUDE = apollo_pdf,
$
TYPE=REPORT, SIZE=6, SQUEEZE=ON,$
TYPE=SUBHEAD, BY=desc.DESCRIPTION, CLASS=HEADING,$
TYPE=SUBFOOT, BY=raw.DESKTOP_IMAGE, IMAGE=(raw.DESKTOP_OBJECT), PRESERVERATIO=ON,$
ENDSTYLE
END

SET COMPONENT='Report5'
(...)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
...is there some method to obtain the BLOB's image...
Can you place those images in an associated App Folder and address them in that location?

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I don't know of a way doing so from within WF. The BLOBs are in an Oracle 11.2 DB.

However, we do have these images available through a separate (custom) servlet, which places them under a URL - does that help us in any way? It would give us a MIME-type, that's a start...

I suppose we could extend our servlet to also allow fetching meta-data about the images... How are we going to query that source though, since we don't have the webservices adapter?
I suppose the least problematic approach would be to add this information to the Oracle database somehow (a stored function seems a good idea), but I'll have to shift the burden onto some colleagues in that case.

So, I gather that WF is supposed to behave like it does with respect to the image size vs. the component dimensions? I suppose in either case I should open a PR.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post