Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [Solved]Create schedule by RESTful

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[Solved]Create schedule by RESTful
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi All,

I am trying to create a schedule using RESTful services. From the IBI doc I found the below

"http://localhost:8080/ibi_apps/rs?IBIRS_action=TEST" which gives a testing interface and in the under "put" When I pass the values for IBIRS_path and IBIRS_object I see the schedule getting created. Looks like in that TEST page there is hidden code that generates the schedule ID randomly. If I have to provide a custom screen to create a schedule on a HTML page I am confused on how to get the scheduleID logic.

Any ideas/direction greatly appreciated! I am using WF8105.

Thanks,
Rao

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rao D,

Posts: 104 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
The schedule ID is generated by Report Caster. That ID should be part of the response XML when your create schedule is successful. You cannot influence what the final schedule ID will be. You should be able to use an XPath expression to retrieve the actual value.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Rao D,

Within the WebFOCUS RESTful Web Services documentation you will find ReportCaster RESTful Web Service Requests information.

Page 196 of the PDF document which you will find at the end of the list of links.

From the information provided to me the only tricky part is that you will need to run the logon service first, then ensure all subsequent requests had a header from the logon.

Keep us informed as to whether this helps you out and mark the subject line accordingly Tag your topic with keywords

Thank for you for participating in Focal Point.

Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tamra,

I will be using the logon service, also I read that we pass the jsession id for authentication.

Thanks,
Rao.

WebFOCUS - ver8201
[ReportingServers: Windows 64bit;
Client: tomcat and IIS on windows 2012
AppStudio

Posts: 104 | Location: Indianapolis | Registered: November 08, 2007Report This Post