Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Using procedure with parameters as dynamic datasource

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Using procedure with parameters as dynamic datasource
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I am trying to use a procedure with parameters as datasource for my drop downs. The problem is the value field and displayfields are disabled. when I hardcoded the values in the HTML source it is not accepting them instead displays the same 2nd field for all three dropdowns. How to enable the value and display fields? How to pass the prameters to the procedure?

Guru
posted Hide Post
What version of WebFOCUS are you on?

Sayed

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Hello,

Can you describe in detail how you are trying to create the UI? Also, upload you focexec.

Here is the focexec and UI I tested with and it worked for me.

Focexec Code
------------------------

TABLE FILE &My_Table
PRINT *
END

UI Code
-----------------------------------

<!-- Generated by Report Layout Painter -->
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>HtmlPage</TITLE>
<BASE href=HTTP://usmvwfprod01:80>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.3354" name=GENERATOR>
<SCRIPT id=clientEventHandlersJS type=text/javascript>
//Begin function window_onload
function window_onload() {

UpdateData();

// TODO: Add your event handler code here
//add onInitialUpdate() function to make changes before initial run of the reports
}
//End function window_onload

//Begin function button1_OnClick
function button1_OnClick(ctrl) {
// TODO: Add your event handler code here
OnExecute(ctrl)
}
//End function button1_OnClick
</SCRIPT>

<SCRIPT for=window eventname="onload">window.onload = function() { window_onload(); }</SCRIPT>
</HEAD>
<BODY style="OVERFLOW: auto">
<INPUT language=javascript id=button1 style="Z-INDEX: 1; LEFT: 310px; WIDTH: 140px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 230px; HEIGHT: 30px" onclick=button1_OnClick(this) tabIndex=1 type=button value=Button name=button1 requests_list="0">
<SELECT id=combobox1 style="Z-INDEX: 2; LEFT: 300px; WIDTH: 180px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 150px" tabIndex=2 name=My_Table accept="0" addalloption="0" operation="NONE" selectedvalue datasource boundtovariable="1" datatype="0" sourcetype="typeMaster">
<OPTION value=Value1 selected displaytext="Value1">Value1</OPTION>
<OPTION value=CAR displaytext="CAR">CAR</OPTION>
<OPTION value=Value3 displaytext="Value3">Value3</OPTION></SELECT>
<xml id=ibi_requests>
<script>
<requests>
<request requestid="0" sourcetype="typeFex" targettype="window" targetname="_blank" ibif_ex="app/hep78izt.fex" IBIMR_domain="developm/developm.htm" IBIMR_folder="#focaleedlui5" IBIMR_dir="#sayedkhangk4" IBIMR_sub_action="MR_STD_REPORT" activereport="0" reportcolumns="" ibiapp_app="JOWSEC HANSON WFGLMETA WFPRMETA SECURITY">
<variables>
<variable parametercreatedinreslay="0" displayfield="My_Table" format="" field="My_Table" file="&my_table.mas" desc="My_Table" datatype="0" operation="" default="" name="My_Table" textvarname="" accept="0" type="unresolved" select="0" min="" max="" controltype="7" create="0"></variable></variables></request></requests></script>
</xml></BODY></HTML>

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

posted Hide Post
I am using Webfocus version 7.16. In my UI I have 3 different edit fields and a search button. When the search button is pressed I want to pass the field values to the procedure and populate the 3 combo boxes with the result set and I want to chain the comboboxes.

Currenty I am using teh XMLHTTP to get the results and populate the comboboxes by javascript. Instead if could use the procedure directly as the datasource and chain them I thought that will improve the performance.

Thanks to everybody who is contributing.

<Naak>
posted
Hi,

Create a procedure with three parameters in the developer studio, save it and close the procedure. Go to HTML files open a new HTML file in this import the same procedure wt u created in dev. Select drop down list to populate the values. Select all the three dropdown list and press Add chain button.
I think it will work for you.

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Try this. http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/sps/31382549.html

Sayed