Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] ReportCaster

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] ReportCaster
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello from Waco...

Is there a way to string jobs in ReportCaster? I have a summary report that is setup right now to print all counties (this is a loop) that have data and it works fine, problem is, the report that it generates is a spreadsheet that is built on the fly and breaks out each county as a tab. We have 254 counties so you can see this is going to get harder and harder to read once more counties are loaded. Right now we are up to 54 counties and that make 56 total on the report. One pivot tab, one summary for all tab and then each county has its own tab. Now....

I want to break this up into 8 Districts and I can do that, but this has to be ran thru ReportCaster and it will not let me load multiple tasks to the library. I can do this in one job when I use the email distribution.

I guess I will have to setup 8 different caster jobs but I need them to run in order one after the other. Is there a way to do that other than going out and running them one at a time?

We use ReportCaster 7.6

Thanks
JV

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jveselka:
I want to break this up into 8 Districts and I can do that, but this has to be ran thru ReportCaster and it will not let me load multiple tasks to the library.

What do you mean, it will not let you?
You should be able to create multiple tasks with each their own list of parameters.

What version of 7.6 are you on? There's quite a bit of difference between the earlier ones (<7.6.10) and the later ones [≥7.6.10), although I'm not sure whether that relates to ReportCaster as well.

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hello,
you can use the DSTRUN feature in order to run manually your schedules.
in Each schedule, create a POST TASK in order to write somewhere a file.
use the -DOS STATE in order to see if the previuous schedules is ended before running the second Schedule.

It will do thing like this :

DSTRUN schedule one
-WAIT1
-DOS STATE file_end_sched_1
-IF &RETCODE NE XXXX GOTO SCHED2
-GOTO WAIT1
-SCHED2
DSTRUN schedule two
-WAIT2
-DOS STATE file_end_sched_2
-IF &RETCODE NE XXXX GOTO SCHED3
&RETCODE is 0 OR -1 for file existence.

Rgds
Patrick

8207, Windows 2016 64b, HTML, AHTML, PDF, EXL07...

Posts: 27 | Location: Suresnes | Registered: August 26, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
WEP5622,
I can setup the tasks I need in one job and it will email each excel sheet in one email but when I try to distribute to Report Library it tells me Only one task is allowed for this distribution type.

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Patlechat

Thanks for the post, we are going to try using a tag value to kick these off which I think is pretty much what you were saying. We will have each job run a few minutes apart and check to see if the tag is set to their value, when it is they will kick off. I hope...

Thanks
JV

WebFOCUS 8105m
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Here is what we are going to do for this.
Set tag = 0 first time thru
Another job will run about a minute before first dist 3 job which will set tag to 3
Dist 3 Job kicks off when done sets tag to 5
Dist 5 job will start checking tag 1 minute after Dist 3 kicks off (every 5 min) when it sees the tag set to 5 it will kick off.
Dist 7 does same thing and sets tag back to 0 when done.

Clear as mud????

-SET &ECHO=ON;
-INCLUDE routines/setpathlr.fex
APP HOLD &SYSAPATH
-SET &tag = 0;
-SET &PA6TAG = &SYSPALR | 'stat_sum_dist_tag.dat';
FILEDEF PA6TAG DISK &PA6TAG
-RUN
-READ PA6TAG &tag
-RUN
-TYPE  PA6TAG &tag

-IF &tag EQ 0 THEN GOTO PGRMDONE;

SET COMPOUND = OPEN
-*Pivot Table
-INCLUDE laurus_is/lr_pa6_stat_pivot_tbl.fex
-*Summary for All Counties
-INCLUDE laurus_is/lr_pa6_stat_summary_all.fex
-*Builds Compound reports based on Counties available
JOIN
 COUNTY.COUNTY.COUNTY_CODE IN COUNTY TO
 DISTCTYS.SEG01.CTY_CD IN DISTCTYS AS J0
END
DEFINE FILE COUNTY
FSTLST/A1 =IF COUNTY_CODE EQ '010' THEN  'F'  ELSE
           IF COUNTY_CODE EQ '252' THEN  'L'  ELSE ' ';
END
TABLE FILE COUNTY
PRINT COUNTY_CODE COUNTY_NAME FSTLST CTY_DIST
BY COUNTY_CODE NOPRINT
WHERE COUNTY_CODE EQ '010' OR '018' OR '021' OR '025' OR '026' OR '027' OR '039' OR '043' OR '047' OR '049' OR '050' OR '057' OR '061' OR '067' OR '070' OR '072' OR '073' OR
                     '081' OR '089' OR '093' OR '097' OR '109' OR '111' OR '113' OR '116' OR '126' OR '129' OR '141' OR '145' OR '147' OR '150' OR '155' OR '157' OR '166' OR
                     '167' OR '169' OR '175' OR '182' OR '184' OR '198' OR '199' OR '206' OR '213' OR '215' OR '220' OR '224' OR '227' OR '228' OR '243' OR '246' OR
                     '249' OR '252';
WHERE CTY_DIST EQ '&CTY_DIST.(FIND CTY_DIST IN DISTCTYS).Select District.';
ON TABLE HOLD AS PRCLIST FORMAT ALPHA
END

-RUN
-IF &RECORDS EQ 0 GOTO PGRMDONE;
-SET &NUMRECS = &RECORDS;
-SET &REXREAD = 0;
-GETRECS
-READ PRCLIST &COUNTY_CODE.A3. &COUNTY_NAME.A15. &FSTLST.A1.;
-INCLUDE laurus_is/lr_pa6_stat_sum_by_cty.fex
-SET &REXREAD = &REXREAD + 1;