Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Graph and Report - same HTML (Developer Studio 5.3)

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Graph and Report - same HTML (Developer Studio 5.3)
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
We have a requirement for both a graph and report to appear in a single page. Thankfully we can readily handle that assignment in Developer Studio 5.3.

However, in order for the graph to appear we have to add SET GRAPHENGINE = OLD. This SET command might be disabling the drilldown capability when the graph is run independently, where the user clicks on a pie piece and gets a detail report:

TYPE=DATA,
ACROSSCOLUMN=N1,
COLOR='BLUE',
FOCEXEC=iq_graph_drilldown.fex(CARD_TYPE=A1),
$

Is there a setting, whether a SET, an API line or a stylesheet item, that we can add to enable the drilldown to detail?

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
When you said you need to set the Graph Engine to OLD... what is happening if you don't and use the new engine?

I currently have a few html pages generated that display a report and have a graph and they both work with the new graph engine... although I did have to update my Java Plugin for it to work.

Leo

Posts: 96 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: January 22, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandy,

I don't understand why this fails with the new graph engine. Can you elaborate a bit on the construction of the graph? Was it built by hand or in one of the Graph Assistants? How was the drill-down built?

I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this.

Larry

Posts: 20 | Location: IBI Corporate HQ, NY | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Larry:

Both the graph and the report were built with Developer's Studio 5.3. I did not initially change the GRAPHENGINE setting and got the report to appear but the following message appears in the graph box:

Error:

New Graphics Engine cannot be run in the current browser. Either update your Java Plug-in or change your GRAPHENGINE setting.

After entering SET GRAPHENGINE = OLD the graph does appear but the drilldown fromthe graph does not work. If you click on one of the pie slices the detail drilldown does not open.

We did open up a case with IBI and InfoResponse is working on the item but if anything else comes to mind please let me know.

And, yes, we will check on the Java Plug-In.

Thanks, Sandy Cool

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sandy,

There are two things you should try.

First, this error tells me that the graph is in Applet format (GRAPHEDIT=ON|OFF). I would strongly recommend that you use server-side graphs (GRAPHEDIT=SERVER, or no GRAPHEDIT setting) which is the default method if there is no specification otherwise.

Second, if you need the graph in an applet for some reason, you should run the Sun JVM in your IE browser. The error you are getting is because of the change in support of Java made by Microsoft a while back. To use the Sun JVM, Select "Internet Options..." from the "Tools" menu in your browser. Then select the Advanced tab and scroll down to "Java (Sun)" and check the box next to "Use Java 2 v1.4.2... (applet)..." and restart all IE sessions.

I think this will do the trick.

Larry

Posts: 20 | Location: IBI Corporate HQ, NY | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Larry -

The good news is that the graph appears when SET GRAPHEDIT = SERVER is entered. However I could not find the Java(Sun) option on the Internet Option - Tools - Advanced page. That setting may or may not be be shutting off the ability to drill down into the graph and run a detailed spreadsheet report.

Sandy

Gold member
posted Hide Post
This is exactly what we had and all we needed to do was have all our users update there Java plugin on their browser.
JRE 5.0

once this was done, the graph displayed properly. The case I had open with them didn't get resolved really... I told them it worked once I installed the Java 2 JRE 5.0 and they never said it was needed either. Seemed strange that they wouldn't know the requirements of the graphics engine they implemented.

Leo

Posts: 96 | Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: January 22, 2004Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I think the plug-in is the icer. InfoResponse WebFOCUS / Report Caster 5.3 Installation Manual (page 6-9)where there are explicit instructions on the correct configuration: jvm.dll must be in C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\jre\bin\client. Our tech support guys have a ticket to fix this on any machine without the installation.

Ironically, the one computer in the group that has the correct java configuration can do the drilldowns perfectly. Wink