Focal Point
[CASE OPENED] Light-mapping and ReportCaster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1357020376

October 09, 2014, 11:05 PM
Luiz De Assis
[CASE OPENED] Light-mapping and ReportCaster
Has anyone tried to schedule a map (chart) in ReportCaster? I either get a blank page, or a bar chart (when I change the default format in ReportCaster). The JSChart output is not available in ReportCaster. Any suggestions? Thanks

Luiz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,
October 10, 2014, 07:54 AM
Shakila Subhan
Hi Luiz,
Add the following line to the report manually in the text editor.

SET FOCEXURL='http://{hostname}:{port}/ibi_apps'

WebFOCUS 8.0.08 - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
Windows, All Outputs
October 10, 2014, 10:20 AM
Luiz De Assis
Shakila,

Unfortunately, we are a multi-tenant environment and the users don't have access to the text editor. Adding this line of code to every map users want to schedule doesn't seem like a practical solution. I'll open a case with IBI. Thanks
October 10, 2014, 10:56 AM
Neelima
Hi,

Just try to use PNG Chart format in InfoAssist Editor.

Thanks,

WebFocus 8104,8204
Excel/PDF/HTML/HTMLTABLE/XML/ALPHA/GIF file/GRAPH/Active technologies
October 11, 2014, 10:14 AM
Luiz De Assis
Neelima,

If it was that easy, I wouldn't be posting in this forum. Please make sure you understand the question before posting your answer. Thanks
October 11, 2014, 03:56 PM
Neelima
You are right Luiz, Same I was thinking when I read your post, why the chart is not generated in the ReportCaster file output.
I have read somewhere in ReportCaster technical documentations, the PNG format is supported for chart output distribution. that’s why I posted here.
I apologize for same.
Thanks,
Neelima

WebFocus 8104,8204
Excel/PDF/HTML/HTMLTABLE/XML/ALPHA/GIF file/GRAPH/Active technologies
October 12, 2014, 10:58 AM
Luiz De Assis
No problem! Appreciate your response. I believe I need to open a case with IBI. Thanks