Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SHARING] ISO WEEKFIRST setting in 8205 InfoAssist?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SHARING] ISO WEEKFIRST setting in 8205 InfoAssist?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Is the ISO setting for WEEKFIRST available from within 8205 InfoAssist?

What other new environmental or system setting are in 8205 that are not on 8204?

Manuals? So that I can RTFM... FOCUS Manuals... Smiler

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
https://kb.informationbuilders.com/

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I just found that and a few others:

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...05-new-features.html

https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...cal-library_srv.html

But not the answer to my question: "Is the ISO setting for WEEKFIRST available from within 8205 InfoAssist?"

Just how to set it... in text edit.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Doug,

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BabakNYC:
https://kb.informationbuilders.com/

What a TERRIBLE interface... Where's the tree? Talk about going from bad to worse.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your feedback. Let’s connect to review a few other UI options that were also designed and considered by our customer preview group. Two of those options involve the tree view and one of those retains it as default. Our goal is to provide a useful interface for all customers so we’d like to hear your thoughts about the other tree-view options. Please contact us at Customer_Success@ibi.com to set up a convenient time for us to connect. Thank you!

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your openness Mary...

Is there a more detailed preview that we can admire before we take that Leap of Faith into 8205. We only have two environments here.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mary Casull:
Thank you for your feedback. Let’s connect to review a few other UI options that were also designed and considered by our customer preview group. Two of those options involve the tree view and one of those retains it as default. Our goal is to provide a useful interface for all customers so we’d like to hear your thoughts about the other tree-view options. Please contact us at Customer_Success@ibi.com to set up a convenient time for us to connect. Thank you!

The current version would be okay, IF the search actually brought back results. For example, the OP was wondering about setting WEEKFIRST. A quick search for this in the new interface brings back... NADA https://kb.informationbuilders.com/search?WEEKFIRST

Doug, I did find the pdf doc the contains the NLS settings including WEEKFIRST using a Google search

National Language Support Release 8205

Sad that Google can find it but IBI search has no idea.

Hallway

Prod: 8202M1
Test: 8202M4
Repository:

Outputs:

Posts: 608 | Location: Salt Lake City, UT, USA | Registered: November 18, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Another bit of HIGHLY constructive criticism on the new "docs"... My search bar is in one location, I proceed to search for 0 (usually) or more results, and then wait... ..... .... .................. Oh! There's a tooltip/toast/pop-up waaaay in the bottom left of my screen in a far off realm completely nowhere near the search box I'm looking at to begin with that's finally noticed...that's telling me it found all 0 results...

8.2.02M (production), 8.2.02M (test), Windows 10, all outputs.

Posts: 1113 | Location: USA | Registered: January 27, 2015Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Like I can't even search for the simplest of things and get anything relevant back. The docs need to function similar to what one finds from using Microsoft's .NET API Browser for those still interested in the WebFOCUS language and wanting to use it over all the GUI-based fluff.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking time to review and send us your feedback! It is very important to us.

Our customer services teams work to reflect all feedback on an ongoing basis so I'd like to follow up as soon as possible to understand more specifically how we can provide a better experience for this KB UI and Search.

I have already set aside time this week for feedback follow-up and would be happy to prioritize connecting with each of you. If you would send us your best time frames using Customer_Success@ibi.com, I can schedule these connections.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

posted Hide Post
Good morning. I’ve taken a closer look at some of your feedback with the team, and have setup the following:

• In response to finding the WEEKFIRST, we are creating a new topic to add to the KnowledgeBase that will answer your question, “Does InfoAssist 8205 support WEEKFIRST?”.
• In response to the Microsoft .NET API Browser example, we are thinking to leverage a few reference formats to develop a Functions reference. I’ll be setting up the project for this, and anyone who is interested in previewing the result and offering feedback can let us know via Customer_Success@ibi.com.

Thank you to those who have already reached out to provide the feedback on the KB and the alternate options. I am still available to connect with anyone else through Friday. Just email Customer_Success@ibi.com to let me know a time that works for you.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Mary,

Thank you for all your efforts to reach out to us and help us acquire a good experience with the documentation moving forward into the new Designer releases. You are quite kind in addressing them.

Creating a new topic one can browse to within your current Knowledge Base Search attempt isn't what is needed or something that will help much. It's a fundamental change in how your current Search functionality works and reports its results to the end user. We need to be able to type into the search bar any WebFOCUS keyword regardless of WebFOCUS dialect or context and be able to get back a succinct definition, param reqs/options, use case, and example of it being used in the language and not the GUI tooling. That is what many are wanting. Maybe have 2 branches of documentation? One branch for those that prefer the GUI, and another for those that like to get things done directly with the language that powers the GUI bits?

Best case scenario: We'd have a tree to the left with all possibilities you could find for a specific aspect or WF or dialect of the language or others we'd be working with, and a drop-down above said tree that lets us toggle between them (i.e. Dialogue Manager, WF functions, TABLE/GRAPH FILE keywords, STY, FML, MODIFY/MAINTAIN, HTML, CSS, Js, SQL, etc.). Or in other words, the drop-down consists of those file types your new web-based text editor supports and various aspects of each language? Then on the right, having the succinct definition for each item listed on the left, its parameter possibilities, examples, etc. all using code, and nothing related to GUI bits.

Hope the above helps in your quest for good documentation end users would want to use.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Mary, Thanks again for all your hard work and efforts to make things better.

I'm not sure if this is really the place or if you're the person to reply to this, But, will InfoAssist, in 8205, include the following functions or alleviate the following issues?

1) Ability to align subtotals and recomputes when using the freeze option in Active HTML Reports.
2) Ability to alter environmental settings, such as FIRSTWEEK, from within IA.
3) Ability to define alternating colors for columns when using the across (sorting) option, easily.
4) Ability to add variables to reference lines in charts.
5) Ability to customize charts in greater detail such as adding stacked formatting to stacked bar chart series.
6) Ability to add tracing (Code/Echo, SQL).

The reason that I ask is that, as a WF/BI consultant, I am asked many 'How do I do this in InfoAssist' questions. These are some of those questions and concerns they are asking, and require, to do what they need done.

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206