Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] How to ignore a WHERE condition inside an IA report for particular measure?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] How to ignore a WHERE condition inside an IA report for particular measure?
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,

I am new to WebFOCUS (previously worked on a different product suite where this report is working, out of the box). This is my first technical question related to a report that I am developing using InfoAssist UI.

1. I have three measurements on a report.
2. For simplicity, I have two filters (dynamic parameters) where one of them is a date range (dynamic).
3. Out of the three measurements, two measurements need to be filtered by the date range and the second parameter.
4. The third measurement needs be filtered by the second parameter only.

But it looks like that the entire WHERE clause is applied to all the three measurements, which is fine considering I am new to the WebFOCUS product suite.

Question(s):
a. Is is possible to ignore the date range parameter in case of the third measurement in the InfoAssist UI (sorry I have not learnt yet the WebFOCUS reporting language)? Here, I am looking for an out of box way as our focus is on using the InfoAssist UI mainly.
b. Is is possible to ignore the date range parameter in case of the third measurement in the InfoAssist UI without using the HOLD files and / or JOIN options? Here, I would have looked into the alternative using a HOLD file and /or JOIN but it seems that we do not have licence to use these options (as informed to us by a third party).

Additional information if it's useful is below.

Filters:
1. Dfn_RangeStartDate >= Simple Parameter Dfn_RangeStartDate
2. Dfn_RangeEndDate <= Simple Parameter Dfn_RangeEndDate
3. Company is multiselect dynamic parameter
4. (Dfn_Meas_1 >= 1 OR Dfn_Meas_2 >= 1 OR Dfn_Meas_3 >= 1)

Calculations:
a. Dfn_Meas_1 = IF (( "Date" GE '&Dfn_RangeStartDate' and "Date" LE '&Dfn_RangeEndDate') AND ("Company" NE 'ABC')) THEN 1 ELSE 0
b. Dfn_Meas_2 = IF (( "Date" GE '&Dfn_RangeStartDate' and "Date" LE '&Dfn_RangeEndDate') AND ("Company" NE 'XYZ')) THEN 1 ELSE 0
c. Dfn_Meas_3 = IF (( "Product" EQ 'P1') AND ("Category" EQ 'Alpha')) THEN 1 ELSE 0

Kind regards,

Manoj.

WebFOCUS: 8.2.0.3, Client: BIP, InfoAssist 8.2.0.4.

PS: Just thought about adding some details related to how it's done currently using another reporting product suite.

Prompts (parameters) can be created independently, stored separately and associated to a report (or multiple reports when relevant) on dashboard page(s). Using the prompt, I stored the Range Start Date and Range End Date values to two variables and use them in formulae and filters just like Dfn_Meas_1 and Dfn_Meas_2 calculations and their associated filters. I do not filter the report based on the range dates (so filters 1 and 2 are not present inside the report).

But in InfoAssist if I ignore (or remove) the first two parameters then I do not see the Start Date and End Date parameters on page (or at Report run-time) as in WebFOCUS there does not seem to be a concept of parameters independent of reports.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Newbie.
WebFOCUS 8.2.0.3.
Client 8.2.0.4.

Posts: 46 | Location: UK | Registered: August 30, 2018Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Made some progress where the third measurement (Dfn_Meas_3) is ignoring the date range parameter. I have now removed the filter on the date range (filters 1 and 2).

However, I am not able to show the calendar control for the Start Date and End Date (for the first two measurements). Initially the date range parameter was based on dimension table - which I have now de-associated with as I do not want to bring in the Date dimension into the filter.

For the Calendar Control I referred to this https://webfocusinfocenter.inf...source/resp_auto.htm however no luck yet. Currently (in the new reporting environment where WebFOCUS is used), I have to type in the date range manually.

Newbie.
WebFOCUS 8.2.0.3.
Client 8.2.0.4.

Silver Member
posted Hide Post
I brought the Start Date and End Date DEFINE calculations to Filter area and now the whole report seems to be working as expected.

The question may please be closed now.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Manoj.

Newbie.
WebFOCUS 8.2.0.3.
Client 8.2.0.4.