Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Join FTM in SQL?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Join FTM in SQL?
 Login/Join

posted
Could anyone please provide an example or explain how to join an FTM external hold file to a datawarehouse table within the SQL portion of a FEX procedure?

Example of what this might look like

APP FI WebfocusFile DISK myDirectory/ WebfocusFile.FTM

Sql sqldbc (datawarehouse connection)
Select *
From table 1
Join WebfocusFile
On table1.wbid = WebfocusFile.wbid
;
Tablef file sqlout
Ect…..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WF 8.2

Posts: 22 | Location: US | Registered: September 28, 2017Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I doubt you can do that. I believe as soon as you say SQL SQLODBC, everything below that line has to be a table in your RDBMS. Since an FTM is just a file on disk, SQL commands won't see what's in them. Your alternative is to use the FOCUS syntax to JOIN these two, AFTER you extract your SQL answer set. Otherwise, you could end up doing table scans which are not very efficient.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
RDBMS

thanks for taking the time to explain. I need t o update, create, insert data into tables in DW using some data in my WF FTM files. Data comes from a web tool with inputs to the FTM files from users of WF applications. I'll just create tables in DW and re-write the web app to load data to them instead.

WF 8.2

posted Hide Post
FYI - the point of this is to allow others at our company to access this data in DW using a multitude of other reporting software. All of them can access dw but not WF files

WF 8.2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If you have write access to the DW, then use HOLD FORMAT SQLODBC to put the data directly into the RDBMS. I assume right now your request has only HOLD. You can also use MODIFY to load the FTM into the RDBMS. If you have a HOLD.FTM with a HOLD.MAS associated with it all you need to do is

MODIFY FILE rdbmstablename
FIXFORM FROM HOLD
DATA ON HOLD
END

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post