Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Color code a map of USA

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Color code a map of USA
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
A map of the USA broken out by the first 3 characters of a zip code is needed. I have 8 sales reps that cover the US. Their sales territories are defined by zip codes. Their sales territories will be colored coded based on their sales. Can this be done with WebFOCUS?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Posts: 189 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Report This Post
<Inigo Montoya>
posted
Definitely can be done with WebFOCUS Visual Discovery using Data Constellation maps. If you don't have the Visual Discovery component, ask your local Information Builders rep for a demo of it. Cheers!

Report This Post
<Pietro De Santis>
posted
You can colour different elements on a report based on data. What do you mean by a map of the US? I imagine you're not using the IBI-ArcIMS mapping technology.

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Hey Spence.

Check out this Visual Discovery report screen shot by clicking here. I believe it's exactly what you want.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator,

Monica Smiler

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Monte2000,

That is what I am looking for. To do that will require Visual Discovery correct? Is Visual Discovery an add-on feature to WebFOCUS?

<Inigo Montoya>
posted
Spence,

WebFOCUS Visual Discovery is an add component to the WebFOCUS suite. The charts displayed in the link that Monte2000 provided are all interactive, creating a perspective against your data. Perhaps the best part of WebFOCUS Visual Discovery is the bi-directional integration with WebFOCUS reporting, where from the charts you can drill into your detailed WebFOCUS report(s) or visa versa.

Cheers!

Report This Post
<monte2000>
posted
Spence - Yes, Visual Discovery is our data visualization product. It is extremely cool. As Inigo mentioned, contact your sales rep for a demo. That mapping capability is just one of the many graphical components that Visual Discovery offers.

Here is a link to our Visual Discovery page.

Be sure to watch the short demos "See Visual Discovery in action..." under Learn More. Big Grin

Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thank You All.

I'm off to visit my friendly IBI office.

posted Hide Post
This is an old inquiry about color coding the US Map by Zip Code.

Can we get an updated response to this from IBI now that WF V8 comes with a US Map ?

We would like to colocode regions of the WF V8 included US Map based on County/State. Also by Zip Code.

MS Windows 2008, V7.11
all output

Master
posted Hide Post
Yes Geographical Information System (GIS) support is available in WebFOCUS 8.

I've begun to use several of the WF 8 HTML5 visualizations, but haven't had a chance to play with maps until just now.

Here is a quick example using one of the sample files:

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
 STATE/A2 = IF ST EQ 'CA' AND CATEGORY EQ 'Coffee' THEN 'ND' ELSE
             IF ST EQ 'CA' AND CATEGORY EQ 'Food' THEN 'SD' ELSE 
			  IF ST EQ 'CT' AND CATEGORY EQ 'Gifts' THEN 'UT' ELSE 
			   IF ST EQ 'TN' AND CATEGORY EQ 'Food' THEN 'MN' ELSE 
			    IF ST EQ 'MA' AND CATEGORY EQ 'Gifts' THEN 'ME' ELSE ST;
END
GRAPH FILE GGSALES
SUM DOLLARS
BY  STATE
ON GRAPH PCHOLD FORMAT JSCHART
ON GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
ON GRAPH SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
ON GRAPH SET GRMERGE ADVANCED
ON GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
ON GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 0
ON GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
ON GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH CHOROPLETH
ON GRAPH SET AUTOFIT ON
ON GRAPH SET STYLE *
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
setPlace(true); setToolTipStyle("html5");
*END
INCLUDE=endeflt.sty,$
TYPE=REPORT, TITLETEXT='WebFOCUS Report', $
*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
setDisplay(getLegendArea(),true);
*GRAPH_JS
"mapProperties": {
 "engine": "leaflet",
 "leaflet": {
  "overlayLayers": [{
   "title": "United States of America",
   "dataLookup": "properties.state_abbr",
   "layerInfo": {
    "maxZoom": "-1",
    "minZoom": "-1",
    "type": "regions"
   },
   "type": "tdg",
   "url": function(){ return tdgchart.getScriptPath() + 'map/US.json'}
  }],
  "controls": [
   {"control": "L.Control.Layers"},
   {
    "control": "L.Control.Scale",
    "options": {
     "imperial": true,
     "metric": true
    }
   }
  ],
  "baselayers": [{
   "title": "OpenStreetMap",
   "layerInfo": {
    "maxZoom": 8,
    "minZoom": 0,
    "attribution": function(){ return "&|copy; <a target='_blank' href='http://www.InformationBuilders.com'>Information Builders</a> | " +
					"&|copy; <a target='_blank' href='http://www.openstreetmap.org/copyright'>OpenStreetMap</a> contributors";}
   },
   "url": function(){ return tdgchart.getScriptPath().replace(/\/tdg\/.*/,'') + '/maptiles/osm/{z}/{x}/{y}.png'}
  }]
 }
},
"heatmapProperties": {"dataColors": [
  "#D7191C",
  "#FDAE61",
  "#FFFFBF",
  "#A6D96A",
  "#1A9641"
 ]},
*END
ENDSTYLE
END

This example uses the free OpenStreet maps that are installed with WebFOCUS. I'd probably investigate using ESRI maps as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: David Briars,