Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CASE OPENED]IA object stylesheet has system ipaddress imbedded and fails when copied

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CASE OPENED]IA object stylesheet has system ipaddress imbedded and fails when copied
 Login/Join

posted
We have an IA developed report that has an imbedded style sheet. Normal execution when run on the original system. (The system where the IA object report was created). BUT, when I use change management and copy the object along with its html to another system, we have issues. The original system is a HTTP system but the target system is HTTPS. Part of the research identified that the HTTP system IP address had somehow been hardcoded to the style sheet and when we run the object from the HTTPS system, we get security warnings(secure and non secure content). We have edited the report object using AppStudio and tried to remove/add the style sheet back to the report in the HTTPS system but nothing changes. We still get the security warnings. So, my idea is that IA created report objects are not meant to be moved "around systems". That they are intended to be created on one system and they will only be on that system. If moved from system to system, then the systems must be the "same" type, all HTTP or all HTTPS. Any thoughts, comments, confirmations or no you can do a move between http and https but you have to do these additional things. We are using 8105M dev and prod systems. Hope to move all systems to 823 in June. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

8.2.3 PROD/DEV 826 TEST
AIX, DB2 All Outputs

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Do you have an example of what style gets transformed to what invalid one?

I'm a bit confused by there being host-information in the stylesheet at all...

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :

Posts: 1669 | Location: Enschede, Netherlands | Registered: August 12, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have ask the developer if she has an example of what you ask about. Agreed, we are confused as well. My speculation is that IA developed objects are not intended to be moved between systems. OR if they are able to be moved between systems, both systems must either be http or https(based on the fact that the system ip address was embedded in the style sheet referenced on the IA object). I am going to go ahead and open a case with support. If I get a resolution, I will update this post.

8.2.3 PROD/DEV 826 TEST
AIX, DB2 All Outputs