Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Cannot Run MR report from Dashboard

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Cannot Run MR report from Dashboard
 Login/Join

posted
Hello All,

I am new with WebFocus, and we are considering using Dashboard. I have an administrator roll set up in Managed Reporting, and I am playing with it now.

I am having a problem to run MR report from Dashboard. From public views, we have a list, when I click on one of views (public or group views), I always get message like this:

Error Number 19101
Severity Error
Description Cannot login public user to WebFOCUS Managed Reporting.

Possible causes ibi.webfoc.wfmre.mrutil.WFMRError: The User ID or Password you have entered is incorrect.

Actions Contact your administrator

After I log on using my MR user id and password, I can see MR domains and folders, but when I click on any of reports in a domain, I got an error as below:

(FOC35804) BAD STATUS CODE (-17) RECEIVED FROM SERVER EDASERVE
(FOC35867) EDA STATUS (-17): INVALID USERID OR PASSWORD ACCESS DENIED
(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS -17 (HEX: FFFFFFEF)
L (FOC1406) SQL OPEN CURSOR ERROR.

It appears my user id and password in Dashboard are not correct. But I can use the same user id and password to run a report directly from MR or Developer Studio without any issues.

Can someone show me what the problems are, or is there anything missed in the setup in Dashboard?

Any suggestions will be helpful.

Many thanks,

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actions: Contact your administrator

Posts: 3132 | Location: Tennessee, Nashville area | Registered: February 23, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Doug,

I did contact my admin. but still no idea how to resolve the problem.

Thanks for your time.

Guru
posted Hide Post
There is a default userid and password set up for public views. (Under "Server" in the Dashboard View Builder)
Perhaps that is set up incorrectly. Can anyone access the public views?

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Selph,

So far, we have not used Dashboard yet, but MR only. As we are trying to incorporate some Web applications, so we are considering using Dashboard. I am learning how to use it and nobody else is working on Dashboard.

I just add my user id and password in "Server", but still cannot run MR report, and get the same error message (mentioned above).

Any ideas?

Many thanks for help.

Guru
posted Hide Post
This type of answer really depends on what Security you are using.
For example in my environment, I am running OPSYS on my Reporting Server, and MRE userids are only good for MRE and Report Caster(security "INTERNAL").
The user id you need (based on your error message) is one that is valid for the Reporting Server, "EDASERVE". That may mean you are security OPSYS there since that gives a message like that, but I am not sure what the error messages look like for other security methods, though.
If you are set up like we are (big IF), that might be the same one you have set up as the default in the Admin console (IF you have a default there). If you are using OPSYS, it needs to be a valid operating system user id.

So you need to find out at minimum:
1. What WebFOCUS version are you on?
2. What operating system is your Reporting Server on?
3. What security method are you using there?
4. What security method are you using in MRE?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: N.Selph,

(Prod: WebFOCUS 7.7.03: Win 2008 & AIX hub/Servlet Mode; sub: AS/400 JDE; mostly Self Serve; DBs: Oracle, JDE, SQLServer; various output formats)

Posts: 391 | Location: California | Registered: April 14, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,

Check your public user. To do this open the "Business Intelligence View Builder" then click on public user. By default this is set to "public" If you have your Webfocus client running with something other than Internal authenticatation then this is probably an invalid user id. To check the security method you are using for authentication got to the "webfocus administration console" Click General and then Security. (depending on security you may have to have your admin check this>)

Webfocus 8.0.7 on Windows

Posts: 176 | Location: Ohio | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Selph and CLH,

I am not authorized to check the security. I will ask our administrator for help. I believe you both are correct. There could be an issue with the security setup in our system. The Dashboard was not originally included in the implementation of WebFocus.

Again, I appreciate your time and help.