Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FML - Error FOC32565 - What does this mean?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FML - Error FOC32565 - What does this mean?
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Searched for error FOC32565 on FocalPoint - nada.

This code triggers the error:

TABLE FILE DDT001
SUM
COMPUTE AMT/P17.2BC =
IF (EDIT(DDROW,'999$') NE 'FTE') THEN BALNIE / 1000 ELSE BALNIE;
BY SUMDIV
BY SUMDIV_NAME
ACROSS YRMTH
BY ROWPREFIX
BY ROWPREFIX3
BY DDROW
FOR DDROW
NIE01A                                           LABEL NIE01A       OVER
NIE01B                                           LABEL NIE01B       OVER
RECAP NIE01HIGH/P17.2BC = NIE01A + NIE01B;       LABEL NIE01HIGH
WHERE DDROW NE 'N/A';
WHERE (YRMTH GE '201011' AND YRMTH LE '201102');
ON TABLE HOLD AS H001
END

This code has no error:
TABLE FILE DDT001
SUM
COMPUTE AMT/P17.2BC =
IF (EDIT(DDROW,'999$') NE 'FTE') THEN BALNIE / 1000 ELSE BALNIE;
BY SUMDIV
BY SUMDIV_NAME
ACROSS YRMTH
BY ROWPREFIX
BY ROWPREFIX3
BY DDROW
FOR DDROW
NIE01A                                           LABEL NIE01A       OVER
NIE01B                                           LABEL NIE01B       
WHERE DDROW NE 'N/A';
WHERE (YRMTH GE '201011' AND YRMTH LE '201102');
ON TABLE HOLD AS H001
END

It seems to have something to do with label names or row values that are different in size, i.e. NIE01A and NIE01B are the same length, but NIE01HIGH is longer.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Seems like including the format in the RECAP (P17.2BC) causes the error. But I need the format, otherwise the RECAP value is zero.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I seem to have it working using the CAR file.

SET ASNAMES=ON
SET HOLDLIST=PRINTONLY
SET HOLDFORMAT=ALPHA
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY SEATS
FOR COUNTRY 
JAPAN   LABEL JAPAN   OVER
ENGLAND LABEL ENGLAND OVER
RECAP JPEN/I5 = JAPAN + ENGLAND; OVER
ITALY

ON TABLE HOLD AS H001
END
-RUN

?FF H001
-RUN

TABLE FILE H001
PRINT 
SALES
BY SEATS
BY E02
END
-RUN

As shown in this example, I have an intermediary HOLD file and, when created using FML, you have to be careful.

Francis

<JG>
posted
quote:
FOC32565

FML it is documented (I cannot find the specific page to look at).

This is specifically because you are doing a HOLD.

Reformat on RECAP is not allowed.

The formats for NIE01HIGH , NIE01A and NIE01B must all be the same.

Do a DEFINE on NIE01A and NIE01B

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
It's strange behaviour. It's a combination of RECAP with format AND with the COMPUTE statement - even though the formats are the same. If I remove the COMPUTE, it works. I'll move the COMPUTE out of this piece of code.

I will open a case for this.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Thought about becoming an IBI tester ?

You certainly find the obscure ones.

Good One

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Francis,

did you open a case for this? If I open another case I'll scream. I have code that works fine in 7.6.1 but not in 7.7.03
I have a define field that has the same format and never changes but I'm getting that error.

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post