Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (FOC230) MISSING ENDING QUOTE MARK: ><

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(FOC230) MISSING ENDING QUOTE MARK: ><
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi, we're upgrading our web focus server. While testing are existing reports, two of them produce this error message:

(FOC230) MISSING ENDING QUOTE MARK: ><

I think the error is related to this sequel statement.

PRINT
SKILLPRINT AS 'Skill' AND BLANK AS ' ' AND
ANSWERED AS 'Calls,Answered' AND BLANK AS ' ' AND
AVGTALKTIME AS 'Average,Talk,Time (Sec.)' AND BLANK AS '' AND
AVGACWTIME AS 'Average,ACW,Time (Sec.)' AND BLANK AS '' AND
COMPUTE AHT/D4 = AVGACWTIME + AVGTALKTIME; AS 'Average,Handle,Time' AND BLANK AS ''
AVGHOLDTIME AS 'Average,Hold,Time (Sec.)' AND BLANK AS '' AND
HOLD_CALLS AS 'Held,Calls' AND BLANK AS ''
TRANSFERRED AS 'Transferred,Calls'
TALKXANSWERED NOPRINT
ACWXANSWERED NOPRINT
HOLDXANSWERED NOPRINT

I'm learning FOCUS on the fly and I'm not familiar with this message. This report does work on the old platform.

Thanks,

Joe

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Is this ALL the code or are you just pasting the part that you think is causing the problem? One thing to check - I notice that sometime you use AS ' ' (quote,space,quote) and sometimes you use AS '' (quote,quote). Hard to tell, but check to make sure you are using two single-quote marks and not one double quote.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Joe,

The code you pasted is not a "sequel" statement, it's WebFOCUS code. I checked the syntax and it appears to be alright. Did you get a line number with the error message?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for your reply. It said around line 64. I bet it is the one of define's on the master file. Here's part of the Define code:

173 'IRA Special'
600 'New IVR'
ELSE Other);$

Shouldn't ELSE Other be ELSE 'Other' with single quotes. I can not get into the test server until tomorrow. I'll test it and let you know.

The resident FOCUS expert left a long time ago and I have to take over to correct these issues for the new server. Thanks again for all of your responses.

Joe

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP

Master
posted Hide Post
JOE if the Master File does not have any DBA on it then you can check the master file by issusing the following command

CHECK FILE xxxxx

or

CHECK FILE xxxxx PICT

Scott

Expert
posted Hide Post
173 'IRA Special'
600 'New IVR'
ELSE Other);$

Yes, Other should be within single-quotes. And the $ shouldn't be there.

Cheers.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

I'll try this.

WebFocus 7.7.02 WinXP

Guru
posted Hide Post
If the DEFINE is in the master file description then it needs the '$' at the end.

I'd run your code after putting -DEFAULT &ECHO=ALL at the top and then post the complete output for us to look at. Error messages often refer to a line number that is not particularly relevant to where the coding error actually is.

ttfn, kp

Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.

Posts: 346 | Location: Melbourne Australia | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Piipster, thanks for the correction on the $ sign.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Joe

The error does seem to point to the MFD. The portion of the MFD you showed is correct, quotes are only required if the field contains blanks, commas or special characters, which Other does not contain.

This error will appear even if a field in the MFD has a missing quote and is not referenced in the report request. Unfortunately the line number in these circumstances is not helpful at all, and neither is any subsequent message that may be displayed, other than the error is prior to that line number (in your case 64) in the MFD.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007

Posts: 1451 | Location: Portugal | Registered: February 07, 2007Report This Post