Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MRE Report Name
 Login/Join

posted
Is there a way to get the focexec name from MRE when a user selects a standard report from the report tree in MRE & Dashboard?

I know you can get the name of the Domain and user by using an internal variable. But I would like to know what report name they chose.

The reason is, I don't want to have to create a launch page for each and every FEX report we write. I would like to create a dynamic or default page that we can use for all of them so we don't have to constantly re-create or hard code launch pages.

Any idea's or help would greatly be appreciated!

Thanks,
Jenn

Posts: 22 | Location: Pittsburgh | Registered: December 22, 2003Report This Post
<Jim Thorstad - WF Product Mgt.>
posted
Hi Jen,

If you publish a launch page and look at its source, you can see that it is not just IBIMR_fex that you need to run it. You also need its IBIMR_folder and some other things. So knowing its name alone won't get you where you wanted to go. I don't know of any reason why you couldn't use javascript or some such thing to dynamically create all these things that are required when you submit a launch page.

But it seems like the wrong way to go because it is tedious. I can't see this as a standard feature, because frequently each report has a different set of parameters to input... how would this be reflected.

You may wish to open up a new feature request through our support process so we can capture your intent and either respond with a specialized approach or realize there is a new feature in here somewhere. Thanks.

Report This Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,
<mhuber>
posted
One of our developers created a single launch page for about 10 reports that all took the same parameters & all resided in the same domain. It might not be possible to go across domains (or MRE security might break down... I'm by no means an expert on this!).

Here's an excerpt from his HTML launch page. The major modifications were a javascript function called radiofunc, and an HTML radio button that calls the function every time it's clicked.

You'll notice that operatorqualitysummary is checked by default. The href for that fex is coded into the hidden IBIMR_fex and IBIF_ex when the page is loaded, so if the user just clicks Submit without clicking the radio button, it will still run that report by default.

Hope this helps,
Michael

unction radiofunc()
{
var i = 0;
for(i=0;i{
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].checked)
{
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'operatorqualitysummary')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/g4pf7433.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/g4pf7433.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'operatorproductivity')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/fyx9uavd.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/fyx9uavd.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'printvolumebydaygraph')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/nz72w4fj.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/nz72w4fj.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'printvolumebydaydetail')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/g4dl4sr1.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/g4dl4sr1.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'printvolumebydayofweekgraph')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/ynfp5px1.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/ynfp5px1.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'printvolumebyday')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/uc2etmx1.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/uc2etmx1.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'printvolumebyprinter')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/mvjwsbed.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/mvjwsbed.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'printtimefunctiongraph')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/printert.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/printert.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'shiftproductivitydetail')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/cf663n1v.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/cf663n1v.fex";
}
if (document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value == 'shiftqualitysummary')
{
document.form.IBIMR_fex.value="app/bc3ckglx.fex";
document.form.IBIF_ex.value="app/bc3ckglx.fex";
}
//alert(document.form.elements['radio1'][i].value + '\n' + document.form.IBIMR_fex.value);
}
}
}

*******END of javascript excerpt
*******Beginning of HTML excerpt

Operatory Quality Summary

Operator Productivity

Print Volume by Day - Graph

Print Volume by Day - Detail

Print Volume by Day of Week - Graph

Print Volume by Day

Print Volume by Printer

Printer Time Functions - Graph

Shift Productivity - Detail

Shift Quality Summary

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Jen, i'm reading something entirely different into your request. I'm reading that you want a list of all fexes, that list to be dynamic, and that list to appear in your single launch page.
so...if that's right, here's how i do it:
First run a fex once a day or so to read your fex directory and create a text file of the fex names. I do this:

CMD DIR D:\IBI\WEBFOCUS52\BASEDIR\APP\UNTITLE\*.FEX >D:\IBI\APPS\MYFILE.TXT
then i continue with a read against that text file and extract the bits of each record with the fexname
Then i write a dropdown list of these records for each fex

and then dump this little html-looking file out into my MRE domain, app directory.
THEN my MRE launch page is a fex, and the first line is a FILEDEF for this little option file
FILEDEF MYLIST DISK D:\IBI\whereever\MYLIST.TXT
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
[HTML>
...continue with my launch page

!IBI.FIL.MYFLIST

...continue with rest of launch page
[HTML>
-HTMLFORM END

and when your user launches, they'll get a list of current fexes, provided that your fexxes have meaningful names (i decode mine into longnames). and now your form action can call a generic fex that takes the form variable
and runs that fex with a
-SET &WHEREFEX = 'D:\IBI\WEBFOCUS52\BASEDIR\...\' | &MYFEXNAME | '.FEX';
-MRNOEDIT BEGIN
-INCLUDE &WHEREFEX
-MRNOEDIT END

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post