Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
foc295 error
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
This only occurs on certain machines. Is there a browser setting in IE that could be stopping the execution of a WebFOCUS procedure?

I am receiving a foc295 error when trying to execute any self service webfocus request.
When trying to run a procedure from http://servername/ibi_html a foc295 error is returned.
0 ERROR AT OR NEAR LINE 2
(FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR T

This is occuring with versions 5.26 and 5.33 on Windows 2000.

Posts: 189 | Location: pgh pa | Registered: October 06, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
A FOC295 usually means that WF is looking for an & variable value that is supposed to be supplied and isn't. I've encountered this before when users tried to use an & for something other than a & variable request (use it in a heading line, for example). Have you taken a look to see if there is a "stray" & that might be causing the issue?

Posts: 118 | Location: DC | Registered: May 13, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I have looked for a stray &. I am confused as to why it only occurs a few machines.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
There's a case on Tech Support:

Case #93441085
Question: (FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: T

Explanation Section
Running any FEX gives the following error:
FOC295) A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: T

Customer is using AT&T Worldnet. This only happens on machines that are configured to use Worldnet. The error in the traces show that the value of HTTP_USER_AGENT contains AT&T.

If the machines you are having trouble with use AT&T Worldnet, check out this case.

Posts: 118 | Location: DC | Registered: May 13, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Check to see if there are any system variables that have an & in them that is what the AT&T think was all about. With the AT&T think everytime the user ran a report it kept saying a value is missing for T

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
IBI Tech Support was able to find a solution to this problem.
On the WF server in client\wfc\etc\DEFAULT.WFS the following line needed to be commented out.
_executing_fex=&_executing_fex\n&_set_user_agent
Once the line was commented out and the server was rebooted everything worked fine.

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I had this problem also. When I commented out the line as mentioned above, it started working on my laptop. But a few days later when I tried to connect to our production system from my laptop, it told me there was a value missing for T again, on our production reports. I ended up rebuilding my laptop and building a dialup shortcut manually (and not installing the AT&T software) so that the browser would not be branded by AT&T. This fixed all of my problems.

Posts: 90 | Location: Tinker AFB | Registered: June 03, 2003Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Did you try adding

-DEFAULT &T='&T';

to EDASPROF on the server?

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Jack,

I did not try adding the -DEFAULT to the EDASPROF.
This problem was only effecting a few users. Most machines where working okay. The changes made to the DEFAULT.WFS have corrected the problem. If the problem recurs then I will try adding the
-DEFAULT to the EDASPROF.

posted Hide Post
This is great, I love you guys.
Here I am, having this EXACT problem with a user, I do a search on this BB for FOC295 and actually FIND my problem described exactly, and the solution.
However, I do have a issue. I am trying to locate the case #93441085 document referenced by codermonkey. Can anyone tell me how to get at this document? I can't seem to find it in Tech Support. I would really like to read it, if it's available.
Also, is the solution referenced by Spence (commenting out the line in default.wfs) contained in the referenced doc?
Thank You All for solving my problem!

Posts: 29 | Location: Ravenna, OH | Registered: December 10, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Debbie,

You can't always get access to the cases on the Tech Support site, even if you login. I believe that this is due to secutiry and data protection possibilities, but could be wrong.

Also the notes that are added by IB Consultants can be flaged to be 'seen' by the Customer or not so IB are able to keep sensitive comments hidden in a sort of 'For IB eyes only'.

I can't even locate it searching the archive either Frowner .

Perhaps Kerry could assist you?

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony.
I contacted our local IBI support person and confirmed the solution with him. He could see the referenced doc (even though we mere mortals can't) and agreed that I should try commenting out the line in DEFAULT.WFS.
I'm trying it . . .

Posts: 29 | Location: Ravenna, OH | Registered: December 10, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
debbiej,

commenting out the line in the default.wfs work for me. the problem has not reoccurred.