Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Waterfall Charts output differences

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Waterfall Charts output differences
 Login/Join

posted
I have created a chart with the following code.

DEFINE FILE GGSALES
 N_DATE/A8DMYY = DATECVT(DATE, 'I8YYMD', 'A8DMYY');
END

GRAPH  FILE GGSALES
HEADING " "
 SUM    DOLLARS/D12 AS 'Dollars'
 BY     REGION      AS ''
 ACROSS N_DATE      AS 'Dates'
 WHERE (DATE        IN ('19970701' '19970801' '19970901' '19971001' '19971101' '19971201'));

ON     GRAPH HOLD AS CHART_THIS FORMAT SVG
 ON     GRAPH SET GRAPHDEFAULT OFF
 ON     GRAPH SET GRMERGE ON
 ON     GRAPH SET VZERO OFF
 ON     GRAPH SET GRMULTIGRAPH 0
 ON     GRAPH SET GRLEGEND 1
 ON     GRAPH SET GRXAXIS 1
 ON     GRAPH SET UNITS PIXELS
 ON     GRAPH SET HAXIS 550
 ON     GRAPH SET VAXIS 350
 ON     GRAPH SET LOOKGRAPH VWATERFL
 ON     GRAPH SET STYLE *

*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setPieDepth(0);
setPieTilt(0);
setDepthRadius(0);
setCurveFitEquationDisplay(false);
setPlace(true);
*END

INCLUDE=IBFS:/FILE/IBI_HTML_DIR/javaassist/intl/EN/ENIADefault_combine.sty,$

*GRAPH_SCRIPT
setReportParsingErrors(false);
setSelectionEnableMove(false);
*END

ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN
!IBI.FIL.CHART_THIS;
-HTMLFORM END

However, when I change the format from SVG to JSCHART there is a big difference in the output.

I want to have the chart stacked like the SVG output but using the JSCHART format.

Does anyone know why there is a big difference in the outputs and how I can get the JSCHART version to work the same as the SVG?

I'm having a similar issue when I try creating a histogram chart.

Thanks Mark

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 WebFOCUS 8.1.04 Upgrade: WebFOCUS 8.2.04 OS: Linux Outputs: Excel, PDF, HTML, PPT

Posts: 8 | Location: The Land Down Under | Registered: August 10, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Hi Mark,
From my experience, WF does not provide stacked waterfall charts. In fact, one does not need to use sorting but just a list of fields. Each riser is a different value.
One can then program an end total riser and subtotal risers in between.
See: Waterfall WF8
When You use BY and ACROSS the graph will only show the first BY value, meaning Midwest in your example.
I'm afraid a NFR is required... Roll Eyes

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I agree with Danny and the only inference I can locate for stacked waterfall charts is via the older PFJ charting engine and not the newer Moonbeam engine.

You can change the line properties using -

setLineWidth(getWaterfallLine(), 1);
setFillColor(getWaterfallLine(), new Color(0,0,0));

But that's about all you can do.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I should have mentioned that the difference between your SVG and JSCHART outputs are due to
  • SVG is rendered using PJF
  • JSCHART is rendered using Moonbeam.

T

In FOCUS
    since 1986
    WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
    WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
  •  
    Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks for your replies, I'll have a play around and submit an NFR if needed.

Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.10 WebFOCUS 8.1.04 Upgrade: WebFOCUS 8.2.04 OS: Linux Outputs: Excel, PDF, HTML, PPT

Posts: 8 | Location: The Land Down Under | Registered: August 10, 2005Report This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Hi Mark,

We're having the same issue with the stacked waterfall charts in 8.203.

We're you able to make it work using JSCHART.

thanks,
    hazel

WebFOCUS 8009
    Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
    Hi Hazel,

No, unfortunately I wasn't able to get this working using JSCHART.

I had to use the SVG output

posted Hide Post
    I opened a case and this is the response I got.

"I've looked into this, and there is a programming ticket to bring stacked waterfall charts to the moonbeam engine. However, currently the only stacked waterfall chart functionality in place is the one created by the PFJ engine for formats such as PDF, PNG, and SVG. Kind Regards,Don Terrell"

I wonder in what release the feature will be available.

WebFOCUS 8009
    Windows, All Outputs

Virtuoso
    posted Hide Post
    Mark

Add that question to the case they can track the programming project assigned to this and it should have a target release.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
    WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post