Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] save table subhead in separate Excel tab

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] save table subhead in separate Excel tab
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,
I know you can create a compound report and save different reports in separate Excel tabs, but is it possible to save a heading created with ON TABLE SUBHEAD to a separate tab? The reason I am asking this is that for all of our reports the first page is a "parameter page" where our users can see all of their sort and select criteria. With PDF format this information is on a separate page. But with EXL2K you don't truly get a separate page (even with ON TABLE PAGE-BREAK AND SUBHEAD), which makes things tricky when you want to sort your report or resize columns since the subhead has a different alignment and only one column. Am I missing a setting someplace? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can offer.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows 2008

Expert
posted Hide Post
Just create a compound report where one is simply the ON TABLE SUBHEAD and the other is the actual report, without the ON TABLE SUBHEAD.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
All of our reports have a separate parameter page report, that is added to the compound report, so in PDF its the first page, and in Excel is the first tab.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Am I missing something...how can I create a report with just an ON TABLE SUBHEAD and no verb? (Only my second "report" would have a verb.)

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows 2008

Expert
posted Hide Post
SET PAGE=NOLEAD
-RUN

SET COMPOUND = OPEN
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM
COUNTRY NOPRINT

ON TABLE SUBHEAD
"REPORT PARAMETERS"
"BLAH"
"BLAH BLAH"
"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

WHERE RECORDLIMIT EQ 1
WHERE READLIMIT EQ 1

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
-RUN

SET COMPOUND = CLOSE
-RUN

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM SALES
BY COUNTRY

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT PDF
END
-RUN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much for the response. I know I can do a dummy report like with the car file, but I was hoping you could do what I want in one table request, so you aren't making the system process an unnecessary report (though I realize the car file is very small). Actually, it would be nice if you could (in one table request) send the subhead to one tab, the data to another, and the subfoot to a third tab. That way, if people are using excel to do data analysis, the subhead and subfoot info is not in the way.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05
Windows 2008

Expert
posted Hide Post
You cannot do it in the same TABLE FILE, so live with doing it as a COMPOUND report - you're not adding any overhead whatsoever by using the CAR file - you could use any file for this technique.

I have added RECORDLIMIT and READLIMIT to the above code to ensure only one row is read.

Francis

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
This code will produce the desired output, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any way to control the title text on the sheet tabs, except for the first one (at least in release 7.6.7).

TABLE FILE CAR
 SUM SALES
 COMPUTE SHEET0/A20 = 'Recovered_Sheet0'; NOPRINT
 BY TOTAL SHEET0 NOPRINT
 BY COUNTRY
 ON TABLE PAGE-BREAK AND SUBHEAD
  "Subhead Text"
 ON TABLE PAGE-BREAK AND SUBFOOT
  "Subfoot Text"
 ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
 ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC
END

WebFOCUS 7.7.05

Posts: 1213 | Location: Seattle, Washington - USA | Registered: October 22, 2007Report This Post