Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Using Drilldown URL from synonym..

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Using Drilldown URL from synonym..
 Login/Join

Master
posted
I'm trying to create a treemap with drill down based on a value column within the synonym, but I can't find the syntax required for the UI. It keeps telling me I have to put an HTTP or FTP in front, but that information is in the value within the synonym.

How can't I get around this issue?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GavinL,

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!
-----------------------------
Product: WebFOCUS
Version: 8.1.04
Server: Windows 2008 Server

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A drilldown must refer to either a Web page, Report or Portal : top option in the UI.

You cannot drill to a value in a synonym, you drill to a report using a value (parameter) : the one you click on for the drill.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I understand the URL and params, used that for some time now.. It's hard for me to believe I can't make that dynamic based on data in a table.

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Basically, your drilldown is from a graph/report (treemap) where your click on a specific value/area/stack/pie/... (depending of the graph/report).

Then the clicked "area" have values that you'll pass as parameters the another graph/report and these parameters are coming from the synonym because they are the values you've extracted to created the drillable graph/report...

You can also add others values (such as constant) to the parameters list used that are not part of the selected area.

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007

Posts: 2409 | Location: Montreal Area, Qc, CA | Registered: September 25, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yea, I created a Redirect.fex, added the below code, the passed the parms from the Treemap into it. Had this redirect.fex look up the value of the URL, then redirect to it. What a pain..

Code in redirect.fex
DEFINE FILE FOO
 MYURL/A255V='"' || FOO.FOO.DRILLDOWNURL || '"';
END

TABLE FILE FOO
     PRINT MYURL AS ''
WHERE ( FOO.FOO.RATIO EQ &RATIO );
WHERE ( FOO.FOO.DESCRIPTION EQ &DESCRIPTION.QUOTEDSTRING );
ON TABLE HOLD AS File1 FORMAT DOC
ON TABLE NOTOTAL
ON TABLE SET CACHELINES 100
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM NOLEAD
ON TABLE SET SQUEEZE ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET HTMLENCODE ON
ON TABLE SET EMPTYREPORT ON
ON TABLE SET HOLDATTRS ON
ON TABLE SET HOLDLIST PRINTONLY
ON TABLE SET ASNAMES MIXED
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
ENDSTYLE
END
-RUN

-HTMLFORM BEGIN

<!DOCTYPE html>
<meta charset="UTF8">
<html lang="en">
<body>

<script>
{
	window.location.href = !IBI.FIL.File1;
}
</script>

</body>
</html>

-HTMLFORM END

This message has been edited. Last edited by: GavinL,

- FOCUS Man, just FOCUS!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
If solved, edit the first post of your treat and add [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject.

Was a pleasure to help you

In Focus since 2007