Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     dev stu 534 form(launch page) question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
dev stu 534 form(launch page) question
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
anybody have devstu 534 installed,
and now how to generate an html form,
a launch page
there is no publish option
like there is in mre
and i've tried guessing at the
form elements but
can't make
it work. i want to launch the fex
from a page on XP's personal
websever. I know its doable..
ive got just a link working..
but i can't xlate that link
into the form bits...The link
syntax that works is:
<href="http://localhost/cgi-bin/ibi_cgi/webapi.dll?
IBIF_webapp=/ibi_apps&IBIC_server=EDASERVE&IBIAPP_
app=Inventory%20Inventory%20baseapp&IBIF_ex=invrep11&PARM=MYVAL">

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You have to use Resource Layout tool to create an HTML launch page for a fex.

New > Procedure > Create with: Resource Layout Painter.

Once the program is open, click on the small report button on the right hand (the one above the graph button). Then draw a box on the page and right click the box and select Report Properties > Open an existing report. Navigate to where the fex is and select it. I think what happens next is that all dialog manager variables used in the report fex become text boxes on the html page. You can then convert some of them to drop down boxes and do other stuff. I think you will have to add a submit button. What all this does is to create an html page that has the report in an iframe within the same page as the parameters - not what most of us want!

The other alternative is to do this:

Once the program is open, click on the small button button (the one above the radio button button!) Then right click the button and select Button Properties > Create hyperlink > Run Report. Click on the ellipses button and navigate to where the fex is and select it. I think what happens next is that all dialog manager variables used in the report fex become text boxes on the html page. You can then convert some of them to drop down boxes and do other stuff. This is more like what most of us want.

I still think it's faster to code my html page by hand!

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
i do too, i code by hand, but i can't figure out the syntax for launching from the devstu engine, on a standalone xp personal server. everything i try gives me 'wef focus was called with an invalid somethingorother'
update. figured it out with a clue from css:
<input type="hidden" name="IBIC_server" value="EDASERVE" />
<input type="hidden" name="IBIAPP_app" value="Inventory Inventory baseapp" />
<input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="invrep11">

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Susannah,
Watch out if you are dev'ing
in Applications and
then migrating to MRE as the hidden inputs will need a change as I am sure you realise.
The MRE equivalents are
<INPUT type=hidden value=salesxm1/salesxm1.htm name ="IBIMR_domain">
INPUT type=hidden 
value=MR_RUN_FEX name ="IBIMR_action">
<INPUT type=hidden 
value=MR_STD_REPORT name ="IBIMR_sub_action">
<INPUT type=hidden 
value=app/campaign.fex name ="IBIMR_fex">
<INPUT type=hidden 
value=#newfolderm0b name ="IBIMR_folder">
<INPUT type=hidden 
value=14:47:56 name ="IBIMR_random">
<INPUT type=hidden name ="IBIAPP_app" ismre="1">

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Mabel>,

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony, but no. there's no mre on this standalone devstu install. just wanted to run a ss from xp's own iis.
we figured it out.
its very simple...once we knew how. it was the &20 chars between the projectdirectorynames in the adapted drilldown syntax that threw me.
<input type="hidden" name="IBIC_server" value="EDASERVE" />
<input type="hidden" name="IBIAPP_app" value="projectname projectname baseapp"
/>
<input type="hidden" name="IBIF_ex" value="fexname">