As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
Join the TIBCO Community TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.
From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.
Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at email@example.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.
All I want to do is, within a loop, move from a day to the prior weekday, execute some code, move to the prior weekday, execute some code etc. Moving to the prior weekday seems to fail when around month boundaries. I cannot for the life of me determine why this is not working. Please note the following:
20101031 is a Sunday so moving to the PWD should give 20101029, a Friday, but it produces a result of 20101028, a Thursday. If I change &NEWDATE to 20101030, a Saturday, I get a result of 20101028.
If I change &NEWDATA to 20101101 then the code works properly. It seems that if the date I'm trying to convert/move falls on a weekend then the code fails. Do you think I'm gonna have to code something that looks at the day of the week and then move one day at a time and lok at the day again etc. I'm stumped.
I tried your suggestion and it does indeed work when the date I am moving from is a weekend day but fails when the day is a weekday. I suspect I'm going to have to do some very specific checking on the day of the week and branch off accordingly.
Looks to me like there is a bug when using the 'PWD' parameter with DATEMOV. Here's a work-around that seems to work. Subtract one day from the start date and then use DATEMOV with the 'WD-' parameter. This will move to the previous workday if the current date is a weekend, but leave the date where it is if it's a weekday.