Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
href to MRE fex?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hello!

I'm trying to link to a MRE report from an html page and I keep getting a "procedure not found error"

This works, because it's EDAserve...
href="http://svr99rvi/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=newfex-4"> newtest

This doesn't, it's MRE...
href="http://svr99rvi/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIF_ex=app/grpdial.fex"> mretest

Is it possible to reference an MRE .fex from an html page?

Thanks!

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Calls to MRE fexes require the domain and folder name of the fex you want to execute. It also requires logging in. Here is an example of a call to a MRE fex including logging in:

http://gfnotoeiprod/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_...&IBIMR_pass=password

It appears that it will only work if some or all the special characters (/,#, etc) are encoded. This is the unencoded version:

http://gfnotoeiprod/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_...&IBIMR_pass=password

Here is some more info:

https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...811098331#3811098331

The other alternative is: If the Web Server is on the same box as the WebFOCUS server you could map the MRE folder as an Application folder and accesses the fexes as any other in the App folders.

Commands in C:\ibi\srv53\wfs\etc\edasprof.prf

Map a folder:

APP MAP ent_app d:\ibi\WebFOCUS53\basedir\enterpri\app

Add it to the APP PATH:

APP PATH app1 ent_app app2 app3 ibisamp

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
jason, is your html page a FORM?
is it outside of the MRE environment (i.e. self serve)? or inside the MRE environment?
If inside, then take any fex, and click 'Publish'..that will make a launch page right in the same mre domain, which you can crack open, and that will give you all the syntax you need to learn.
If outside, its even easier, so tell us which..

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
actually, I was planning on sending out a link to "see all the bells and whistles" for a report distributed in email....but the link has to be back to a report in MRE.

We've done stuff with forms before, and you're right...they're great launch pages for some really sweet reports. Nice functionality, but we're trying to make our reportcasted HTML report be the launch page for a lot of our dashboard functionality.

Prod: Single Windows 2008 Server running Webfocus 7.7.03 Reporting server Web server IIS6/Tomcat, AS400 DB2 database.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Well then, does any of this help?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
We use this quite a bit, actually. We have quick links from some of our java applications that run MRE reports. I'll repeat what was stated earlier as an example. The easiest way it to create a dummy report, say from CAR, in the domain where you MRE report resides. If you are going to pass a parameter to MRE, it helps to include a parameter in the fex:

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
BY &COUNTRY
END

Then publish that report, checking the "Show as Report" box. That published report shows up in the MRE domain and you can edit as text to get:

1. The URL string (Find FOCEXURL in the code)
2. All of the parameters (near the bottom) that you need in order to run the MRE report from a link.

As stated before, this requires a login so you will have to provide credentials as well. A link to the above report in the default domain would look like

http://servername/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIC_server=server...andom=&COUNTRY=JAPAN

Paste that URL into a browser and if it works, you're set. In our java applications, the URL is built using java (obviously) which populates all the & variables, some from java classes (especially credentials). In your casted HTML report you could simply create a define field which builds the URL string and then display it as a column, heading, or footing, or add a drilldown to an existing field which passes all of the necessary parameters and values.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post