Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
I have a DEFINE in my report.In the define I have
REVN/I11=IF FLG EQ 'Y' AND KEY EQ '101' OR '102' OR '103' OR '104' OR '105' OR '106' AND CDT GE DT(&BEG_DATE) AND CDT LT DT(&END_DATE) THEN P_REVN ELSE 0;

The error I get is FIELDNAME OR COMPUTATIONAL ELEMENT NOT RECOGNIZED.

Can you please help me.what is the mistake I am making in the above statement.
Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Posts: 39 | Registered: September 03, 2010Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Depending on the format of the date field, you may not require the DT function. Here is a working example:

-SET &BEG_DATE = 20100101;
-SET &END_DATE = 20101231;

DEFINE FILE CAR
FLG/A1 = 'Y';
KEY/A3 = '102';
CDT/YYMD = 
IF COUNTRY EQ 'ENGLAND' THEN '20100302' ELSE 
IF COUNTRY EQ 'FRANCE' THEN '20080623' ELSE 
IF COUNTRY EQ 'JAPAN' THEN '20101215' ELSE '20010306';
P_REVN/I2 = 65;

REVN/I11 = IF 
(FLG EQ 'Y') AND 
(KEY EQ '101' OR '102' OR '103' OR '104' OR '105' OR '106') AND 
(CDT GE '&BEG_DATE' AND CDT LT '&END_DATE')
THEN P_REVN ELSE 0;
END

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT
REVN
BY COUNTRY
END

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
My BEG_DATE and END_DATE are in YYMD format and CDT is a Date-Time field ,so for the comparison I used DT() function.There is no problem with that.

I think there is a problem with the IF statement.
Can somebody help me.

Posts: 39 | Registered: September 03, 2010Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
REVN/I11=IF FLG EQ 'Y' AND KEY EQ '101' OR '102' OR '103' OR '104' OR '105' OR '106' AND CDT GE DT(&BEG_DATE) AND CDT LT DT(&END_DATE) THEN P_REVN ELSE 0;

You might want to put in brackets, like
REVN/I11=IF (FLG EQ 'Y') AND
            (KEY EQ '101' OR '102' OR '103' OR '104' OR '105' OR '106') AND
            (CDT GE DT(&BEG_DATE)) AND
            (CDT LT DT(&END_DATE)) THEN P_REVN ELSE 0;
It might just do the trick. If not, one of the fields you use is not in the master file/define list - possibly misspelt.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post