Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] WebFOCUS - Where to begin?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] WebFOCUS - Where to begin?
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
It looks like we're getting WebFOCUS where I work. My questions: Are there any books, documents, publications that relate to WebFOCUS? I'm interested in procuring materials that I can read up on before we get WebFOCUS.

There is nothing definite yet that says we will get the product, but I want to be prepared a little better than I am right now, in case we do get it.

Thank you in advance!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webmeister,

Mainframe FOCUS 7.0
VM/CMS and MVS/TSO

posted Hide Post
Searching Amazon will show there are books on WebFocus.

In my case, I heavily rely on this discussion group.
My programming skills are about 4 on a scale of 10,
and I religiously read the problems that are discussed
on this website. It is very manageable. When I find
something I know I'll use - concatenation, formatting
output, etc. - I copy it to a Word document with a brief
description so I can easily find it again.

Many people have recommended the training and though
I've never been, I'm confident it would make me
more productive.

Mike Honeycutt

WebFocus 7.6.6, Windows

Posts: 17 | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Welcome to WebFocus...You'll be ahead of the game cause you know Focus. If you search on the Forum...several people have asked about documentation and you should get some good answers. There are some mini tutorials at the IB development center. Check them out.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Have you looked at the technical documentation link in the upper right corner of this page? You can download manuals from this site.

Happy reading!

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google

Posts: 2723 | Location: Ann Arbor, MI | Registered: April 05, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Webmeister,

Welcome to the club!
What type of environment will you be setting up? MRE? Dashboards? Self-Service applications?

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

Posts: 1980 | Location: Tel Aviv, Israel | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
As Ginny says, as you already have FOCUS, you should be able to access the technical documentation library, many manuals in PDF format. Depending on what you plan to do, your mainframe FOCUS code will often work out of the box if all access paths are set up properly. WebFOCUS is a wonderful reporting tool in my book.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have found the various User Guides to be extremely helpful, expecailly if you plan to use the GUI tools in WebFOCUS. The guides can be accessed from the Documentation link under Services and Support from the IBI website. You do not have to have a site code or passsword to access these PDF documents or download them. Smiler

Prod: WF 8.005 Windows, all output formats
Dev: WF 8.005

Posts: 21 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: September 18, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to check out your regional user's group for additional support. We have a very active group here in North Carolina that meets a couple times a year. It's a great way to network and build your contacts in the WF community. Best of luck!

Production RS: 7.6.2, 7.6.3 RS on AIX v.5.3, Mainframe, Windows 7.6.5; Development: 7.6.5 & 7.6.4 Databases:Oracle10g on AIX, Mainframe IDMS, SQL Server 2005/2008, Access
Peoplesoft Student, HR; JDE Financials

Posts: 2 | Location: Chapel Hill, NC | Registered: July 12, 2007Report This Post