Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Focus Load question

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Focus Load question
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

I have a file (lets say 5 records on the file) loads to FOCUS as a parent segment, but record #3 and #4 were rejected because the amount field was in wrong format.

Acct# Name
1. 12345 Kitten One
2. 23456 ABC Corp
3. 34567 Truck Inc.
4. 45678 XYZ Bank
5. 56789 Mortgage Company

Follow the step above, I have another the file to load to FOCUS as a child segment that ties to parent segment above. I match record by account#, then bank and record code.

acct# bk rec_cd name address city,state
1. 12345 99 101 Kitten One 1540 SE 2nd street Portland, OR
2. 23456 99 101 ABC Corp 56340 SE 20th Ave Vancouver, WA
3. 34567 99 101 Truck Inc. 2020 NE Eastman St Seattle, WA
4. 45678 99 101 XYZ Bank 43250 SW 1st street St. Paul, MN
5. 56789 99 101 Mortgage Company 677 Canyon Road Walnut, CA

The result was record #3, #4, and #5 rejected. So is that mean any record comes after the rejected one (#3 and #4 in parent segment) also be rejected in FOCUS? Is there a way to reject just #3 and #4 but still load #5?

I have these statements in my focexec:

MATCH ACCT#
ON MATCH CONTINUE
ON NOMATCH REJECT
MATCH BANK REC_CD
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
ON MATCH REJECT

Any help you provide would be appreciated. Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Expert
posted Hide Post
Show us your FIXFORM FROM and DATA ON statements.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I think that you need to know if your should abort the load when any records on the parent segment fail, as this will affect the child segment records, as you have found.

You could also change your logic to load the Acct#, and then load the child segment, gut you will not have any of the accounts details.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Because, imo, you have designed the file incorrectly, based on the data you have shown. "IF" this is just in "creating mode":

TABLE FILE FILENAME
SUM
   NAME 
   ADDRESS 
   CITY 
   STATE 
   ZIP 
   PHONE
   AMOUNT
  BY BANK
  BY REC_CD
  BY ACCT#
 ON TABLE HOLD 
END
-RUN
CREATE FILE WHATEVER
-RUN
MODIFY FILE WHATEVER
FIXFORM FROM HOLD
MATCH BANK 
 ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
 ON MATCH CONTINUE
MATCH REC_CD
 ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
 ON MATCH CONTINUE
MATCH ACCT#
 ON NOMATCH INCLUDE 
 ON MATCH UPDATE NAME ADDRESS CITY STATE ZIP PHONE AMOUNT
DATA ON HOLD
END
-EXIT

After the 1st successful run, comment out the CREATE line...

So, based on what you provided, the file should be built by the BY statements in the TABLE request, "not" by ACCT#. Additionally, I "never" put in REJECT code; if the format is wrong, then, something else is wrong...

If this is "not" in creating mode, bad design, imo...

hth

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is the parent focexec:
FIXFORM BANK4/4 ACCT/5 X-9 BANK4_ACCT/9
FIXFORM X11 X_NAME/30 X_ADDR/30
FIXFORM X_CITY/20 X_STATE/2 X_ZIP/9
MATCH EFF_DATE
ON MATCH CONTINUE
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
MATCH BANK4_ACCT
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
ON MATCH REJECT
CASE AT START
FIXFORM EFF_DATE/8 RUN_DATE/8 ACTHRU_DT/8
TYPE "BEGINNING LOAD, EFFECTIVE-DATE: MATCH EFF_DATE
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
ON MATCH REJECT
ENDCASE
DATA ON AFSOBLG
*LOG DUPL MSG OFF
*LOG NOMATCH MSG OFF
CHECK 999999
END

Here is the child focexec:
FIXFORM BANK4/4 ACCT/5 X-9 BANK4_ACCT/9
FIXFORM BANK/2 REC_CD/3 NAME/30 ADDR/30 CITY/20 STATE/2
FIXFORM ZIP/9
MATCH BANK_ACCT
ON MATCH CONTINUE
ON NOMATCH REJECT
MATCH BANK REC_CD
ON NOMATCH INCLUDE
ON MATCH REJECT
DATA ON AFSLGALT
*LOG DUPL MSG OFF
*LOG NOMATCH MSG OFF
CHECK 999999
END

Thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Francis Mariani:
Show us your FIXFORM FROM and DATA ON statements.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Thao,

I passed this one to our technicals to review and was suggested that, too many large and small things can affect this and cause the same problem, so the best channel for assistance would be to open a case with Customer Support Services to do further research. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post