Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Modify themes and RIA

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Modify themes and RIA
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Has anyone modified the delivered themes that are available in HTML composer guided reports? We would like to deliver a look consistent with our websites content management. This would affect fonts but more importantly coloration. The delivered themes in 7703 are not exactly pretty. While I know that we can modify colors I would also like to relocate the images and run controls. Yes I have unlocked them and made changes but I would like to be able to lock it back down after I make those changes.

We have not used HTML composer a lot in the past except for dashboards but we would like to increase the usage on individual programs to enhance the delivery of information prior to running the report. (what information the report delivers and what to expect in response time. also what to do if the report does not perform as expected)

We would like them to all be alike so we are exploring creating customized themes for the guided report templates and also for RIA which has a very nice appearance that is normally only available with FLEX. No we do not have a FLEX enable license although we have asked. Due to state budget constraints we do not expect that funding to be granted.

So to recap we want to modify the guided reports and the RIA. All comments are welcomed.

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Well, I think that should be doable but I wouldn't like to be in your shoes when your business decides that it's time to jump onto the WF 7.7 or 8.x wagon and you'll have to implement an upgrade.

Merging those changes (which you are planning to apply to product components directly) to the same components in a new version may not be for the heart fainted.

Can you not create your own customized themes based on the ones that come with the product and link those instead in your CSS declarations? I haven't done it myself, but I see that as a less intrusive way to make the presentation changes you want without "hacking" into the product.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Now that I think about it, I think I'm turning into a coward as time passes ... Eeker

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
My thinking was the same as it usually is to modify a copy of the code. Not to alter the delivered templates but to make my own "personalized" versions.

Am I the only one who's thought about this?

809 DevStudio, MRE, Report Caster , Report Library
Output: Excel PDF, HTML