Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Managed Reporting (MRE) windows open behind the Java Applet window

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Managed Reporting (MRE) windows open behind the Java Applet window
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Login to Managed Reporting. From either the "Domain Builder" or "Domains" tabs, open a domain, open a folder and run a report or html page. The resulting window opens behind the main Managed Reporting window - to view it you have to click on the highlighted icon in the task bar. This happens on everybody's desktops.

I do not recall this happening in any other of the environments I have worked on in the past, but it is happening in our Dev and Prod environments. Is this a configuration issue with WebFOCUS, MRE or WebSphere?

Thanks,

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Could it be a combination of browser type and java version ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
It's good old IE 6. Java is 1.6.0_22-b04.

Pretty common combo.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Thats the same as I have, except I'm on Java 1.6.0_22-b03.

No problems here.

What version of IE 6 ?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
IE 6.0.2900.5512 SP3

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
That it also the same as what I am using.

When you say it opend behind the applet window, is it the browser window the applet is in or the applet inside the browser ?

I have seen browser windows open behind the opening browser window, but its rare.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
Waz, not sure what you mean. The "Java Applet window" is the regular MRE window that shows the contents of the domains. Running anything from one of the domain folders opens the resulting IE window behind the IE window of MRE.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
I was just wondering if the java applet in the browser was somehow jumping in front of the new window.

I know I've seen the java windows that MRE opens disapear from the task bar, but that is a different thing.

I just did a google search for "java browser open window behind", and found some bugs that seem to indicate that it is a java issue.

BTW your post was at the top.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
Wow! That might help the IBI Tech Support people.

I followed the instructions in University of Virginia: JRE Frequently Asked Questions "Disabling next-generation java workaround" and that worked!

Unfortunately we can't ask over 200 users to do this.

Thanks Waz!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
Aahh the power of Google

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
The power of Google is infinite!

Here's an example: one of my Flickr photos. I used Google Images Search to find out where my image is (mis)used on the web - Google helped me find a dozen or so websites where my homage to Robert Doisneau is labelled a real Robert Doisneau photo!!!

Google Images Search actually compares the selected image to other images!

Francis

Guru
posted Hide Post
Francis, Google is building Intelligence, wherever It can be built. As said.. Infinite is not even the complete word, to tell the Power Smiler

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Well there not at the God stage, but perhaps they are getting closer.

Big Grin

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Guru
posted Hide Post
Exatly Waz... Almost near that !!!

Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5

Posts: 394 | Location: Chennai | Registered: December 02, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
According to IBI, it's the Java version:

WebFOCUS Support Statement for Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) Updated: June 2011

It's thoroughly annoying that it's so easy to get WebFOCUS components out of whack with a Java version upgrade.

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
[Conspiracy Theory]

I wonder if that is the point.

Auto update is on, and then things get annoying.

Upgrade time.

Waz...

In Focus since 1984