Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     (SOLVED) Alerts and RC

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
(SOLVED) Alerts and RC
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
Hey all,
I have created an alert to signify when our ETL load has been completed for the day (We do not use iWay for ETL) and once the alert is triggered as complete, I have an RC job kick off five reports.

I have this schedule and alert set to start at 4 am and run every 15 minutes, and to last a duration of 3 hours until the alert has been triggered. This part is working great and my reports always end up running. However, they are running and saving over the top of the previous report every 15 minutes once that alert has completed. I would like for the reports to stop running once that ETL completion alert has been triggered and have the schedule continue to run.
There are a few options on the ALERT setting in RC, but the selection of "Deactivate Schedule After Alert" is not turning off the schedule. It just keeps running every 15 minutes until the three hour block has been met.
Has anyone else tried something similar to this? Does anyone have a good idea on how to have that schedule reset to tomorrow once the reports have successfully completed the first time?
Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LarissaB,

Version: 8.2.03M, OS/Platform: Windows 7 & 10, Output: Excel, pdf, html

Posts: 63 | Location: Liberty Lake, WA - USA | Registered: June 23, 2016Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Larissa

I got the following advice from the RC product manager...

This sounds like this is a daily (or weekly) schedule with a secondary run interval.
In that case I would use the ‘Delay’ option and set the delay period to be longer than the secondary run interval period.
So in your example by setting the delay to 4 hours should mean that once the alert is triggered it would not run again for 4 hours, at which point it would reset to the next day since the secondary run interval has expired.

I hope that helps!

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
This worked beautifully Chuck!
I have the schedule set to repeat every 15 minutes and run for two hours then have the alert set to delay for three hours. This accomplishes the quest to save the data extract down just once when the flag is triggered!
Much obliged as always!
-Larissa

Version: 8.2.03M, OS/Platform: Windows 7 & 10, Output: Excel, pdf, html

Posts: 63 | Location: Liberty Lake, WA - USA | Registered: June 23, 2016Report This Post