Focal Point
[SOLVED] ReportCaster "Send all reports as attachments" Text Box

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/1507092786

July 20, 2017, 10:26 AM
Robert B Clark
[SOLVED] ReportCaster "Send all reports as attachments" Text Box
In ReportCaster, under the Distribution tab, I would like the text, in the text box, labeled as "Send all reports as attachments", to be sent as HTML, rather the users receiving a standard text email. Is there an easy option to do that, i.e. "Send text as HTML"?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Robert B. Clark -- Business Systems Analyst
Daimler Trucks North America
Phone: 503.745.7057
"There's always a better way."
IBM Mainframe zOS 8.1.05, DB2 adapter
WF 8.1.05 Hub to Sub, Self-Service, SQL Server adapter
July 20, 2017, 11:19 AM
manglum
you can put your text into a .fex that outputs as HTML and then choose the option to "Select one report as in-line message"

As the name suggests In-line message will display the contents of the .fex as HTML within the body of the email.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 20, 2017, 11:27 AM
manglum
furthermore, if you ever want to put another attachment to the email, you need to make sure that the one you want displayed in-line is the first task. Report Caster will always pick up the first task as the one to display in-line.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 20, 2017, 11:59 AM
Robert B Clark
Thanks manglum. That's easy enough for me, as I do have several set up that way, but I was thinking more for novice RC users, the people I need to train. It would be easier to have a radio button that gave the option of "Send email text as HTML", especially living in the world of MS Outlook, gmail, etc.

Robert B. Clark -- Business Systems Analyst
Daimler Trucks North America
Phone: 503.745.7057
"There's always a better way."
IBM Mainframe zOS 8.1.05, DB2 adapter
WF 8.1.05 Hub to Sub, Self-Service, SQL Server adapter