Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Excel BYTOC and Multiple Sheets

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Excel BYTOC and Multiple Sheets
 Login/Join

posted
Is it not possible to run an Excel BYTOC and OPEN/CLOSE procedure together?

I have two reports that I would like to present as a single workbook. The first uses BYTOC to burst multi tabs based on websites and the second is an overall total of the previous tabs but retaining the full detail of the total tab and not rolling to a single line.

I'm attempting to use the following format lines at the end of the two FEXs respectively:

ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC OPEN
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC CLOSE

If I take out the 'BYTOC' it works as desired, but I only get two tabs instead of one tab per website from the first FEX.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 7.1.1 - RedHat Linux - Tomcat - SQL Server 2000

Posts: 12 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: January 05, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Since posting I've been able to find some older posts with similar problems. At the time they were stating that BYTOC couldn't be used on a COMPOUND call, but it does seem to work if it is the final portion of the call.

In other words BYTOC OPEN will ignore the next call, but BYTOC CLOSE works fine.

WF 7.1.1 - RedHat Linux - Tomcat - SQL Server 2000

Posts: 12 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: January 05, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
If you want to use a "compound" report with a "bytoc" report, you must start with the "compound" report first (don't use the close portion) and follow it with the "bytoc report. See the example below.

TABLE FILE CAR
SUM MODEL
BY CAR
BY MODEL NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,
   TITLETEXT='MODELS BY CAR',
$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
END
TABLE FILE CAR
SUM CAR
BY COUNTRY
BY CAR NOPRINT
BY MODEL NOPRINT
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,
   TITLETEXT='CARS BY COUNTRY',
$
ENDSTYLE
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K
END
TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR
      MODEL
      BODYTYPE 
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K BYTOC
END

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows

Posts: 301 | Location: Galveston, Texas | Registered: July 07, 2004Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
one more example

SET COMPOUND = ON
TABLE FILE EMPLOYEE
BY FIRST_NAME
BY SALARY
ON TABLE PCHOLD FORMAT EXL2K OPEN
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET STYLE *
TYPE=REPORT,TITLETEXT='SUMMARY REPORT',
UNITS=IN,