Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Join masterfiles from different app folders in a procedure.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Join masterfiles from different app folders in a procedure.
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hi,
When i join two master files from the same app folder in a procedure using join editor it works fine.when i chose master files from two different app folders and then i try to create a report it only lists the fields of one master file and not the other.

Please help me out.

WF8105m
Windows 10

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Siva1925:
Hi,
When i join two master files from the same app folder in a procedure using join editor it works fine.when i chose master files from two different app folders and then i try to create a report it only lists the fields of one master file and not the other.

Can you show us some example of the issue?

Please help me out.

WF8105m
Windows 10

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi All,
While working on this issue found that when the procedure is created in the same app folder where the master files are present it works fine(lists all columns from all segments) but when i use the same master files and create a report with join in the domain folder it is not working properly in GUI(not listing all the segments).If i edit the code to select columns from the two joined segments and then i open it in GUI it lists all the columns from all segments.

WF8105M
Windows 10

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
1. Are you running 8105?
2. Are you using App Studio or InfoAssist when you talk about the GUI?
3. Does this happen with every table or only a specific table?
4. Could there be master files in different app paths with the same name? WebFOCUS will pick the first one it sees.
5. Are you creating the JOIN in the report or have you created a Joined Structure and are trying to report off that?

My guess is that your problem might have something to do with #4. Look up WHENCE command here to figure out what app directory you're really using. https://webfocusinfocenter.inf....htm#dtesting1789609

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BabakNYC,

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows

Posts: 1853 | Location: New York City | Registered: December 30, 2015Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I am running 8105M in Windows 10.
I am trying to join in the procedure (Procedure view -> new -> Join).The Join is successful.When i create a report from procedure view(Procedure view->New->Report) using the join it wont list all the segments.

There is only one instance of the master file in the EDASERVE.

Thank you

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva

I tried to reproduce the issue with 8.1.05 App Studio and could not. After I did the join both segments were displayed when I went to the report object. Post the text view of the two master files maybe there is something in there we can spot.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi,
I find that it happens when master files reside on certain app folders.
I moved the car master to an app folder which caused the issue and i faced the same error.
Same when i did with the car in the ibisamp folder it worked fine.
Does this have anything to do with security?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva

It might have to do with the APP PATH or security on app folders could be the problem as well. From the reporting server console right mouse click on the app folder and choose privileges and it will show who has access to it.

Posts: 2127 | Location: Customer Support | Registered: April 12, 2005Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,
All the segments are listed only when the procedure is created under App folder where the master file is present.
It does not list all segments when procedure is in any other app folder or Domain folder.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Chuck,
I am facing something weird.When i create join in Info Assist it works fine and when i open the procedure in App Studio it works.

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Siva

I think you need to open a case with techsupport and show them this behavior. Something is not right.

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
The join code generated in AppStudio

JOIN
SALES/BASE/PLAN/PLAN.PLAN_TABLE.PLAN_ID IN sales/base/plan/plan
TO MULTIPLE SALES/BASE/ACCOUNT/ACCOUNT.ACCOUNT.PLAN_SEQ_ID
IN sales/base/account/account TAG J1 AS J1
END

InfoAssist

JOIN PLAN.PLAN_TABLE.ORIGINAL_EFFECTIVE_DATE IN SALES/BASE/PLAN/PLAN
TO MULTIPLE ACCOUNT.ACCOUNT.ORIGINAL_EFFECTIVE_DATE IN SALES/BASE/ACCOUNT/ACCOUNT TAG J001 AS J001
END.

When the code in Appstudio is manually tweaked it works fine.