Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Has anybody upgraded from XP to VISTA yet???

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Has anybody upgraded from XP to VISTA yet???
 Login/Join

Expert
posted
Wondering if anybody has upgraded Windows XP (or whatever) to the new MS VISTA OS???

AND, the effects on WebFOCUS after upgrading...Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
From what I've been reading, I'd wait for six months (and this has nothing to do with WebFOCUS).

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I would wait till we can not avoid it anymore....when Bill is going to tell us about version Vista 2010....

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
In a related area - has anybody upgraded to IE 7.0 and seen any issues with WebFocus reporting?

Sandy Kadish
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL

Posts: 238 | Location: Atlanta, GA/Rehovot, Israel | Registered: May 06, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ditto on IE 7. I only use it (v6) when I need to. I use Firefox for everything else.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Vista? They are only changing the name because they don't like references to "Windowse" - I'll have to look for an alternate to Vista Wink but like most I wouldn't bother until the initial "gamma" testing has been completed by the first people to buy it Razzer and the resultant bugs ironed out.

IE7? Yes, there are a few problems with WebFOCUS but there are patches for most if not all from IB and they work well (to date anyway Big Grin)

I agree with the preference towards Firefox but as most Clients (nad their Users) still use IE then my usage is geared accordingly. I do like the fact that the Firefox tabbed approach has finally been adopted in IE7 though.

T

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tony A,

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
<TSR123>
posted
Hi,

There is no official support date for Windows Vista. We will issue a statement of support/certification on the Information Builders support site. As in the past, Information Builders has always certified
current versions of the Microsoft Operating System(s) with it's software.

As for IE 7.0 this is currently supported. You can review the information found under the following URL:
http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_dia_ie70.html

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Engadget.com: South Korea warns against willy nilly Vista upgrades

Francis

Expert
posted Hide Post
THANKS!!! to everyone responding...

I ALWAYS wait, BUT, clients, sometimes, do not. My current client wants to upgrade, BUT, thanks to TSR123, I am able to convince them to wait for IBI.

Again, thanks for the replies...

Tom

Tom Flynn
WebFOCUS 8.1.05 - PROD/QA
DB2 - AS400 - Mainframe

Posts: 1972 | Location: Centennial, CO | Registered: January 31, 2006Report This Post