As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.
New TIBCO Community Coming Soon
In early summer, TIBCO plans to launch a new community—with a new user experience, enhanced search, and expanded capabilities for member engagement with answers and discussions! In advance of that, the current myibi community will be retired on April 30. We will continue to provide updates here on both the retirement of myibi and the new community launch.
What You Need to Know about Our New Community
We value the wealth of knowledge and engagement shared by community members and hope the new community will continue cultivating networking, knowledge sharing, and discussion.
During the transition period, from April 20th until the new community is launched this summer, myibi users should access the TIBCO WebFOCUS page to engage.
I'm calling a stored procedure from WebFocus but I’m not getting any output when I execute the query from MRE. Below is the code snippet and stored procedure.
ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION MSSRPTD SQL SQLORA SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR ALPHA SQL SQLORA PREPARED SQLOUT FOR -mrnoedit EX CTS.XYZ_3() -* -mrnoedit EX CTS.XYZ_3 -* -mrnoedit ex 'CTS.XYZ_3' -* -mrnoedit ex 'CTS.XYZ_3()' eND -RUN TABLE FILE SQLOUT PRINT * END message : --------- 0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 0 LINES= 0 when i run the stored produre, i do get results but not when i run from webfocus.
Below is the stored procudure i'm calling thru webfocus Procedure code
create or replace procedure xyz_3(V_DOC_NUM OUT NUMBER, V_ORD_TYPE OUT VARCHAR2) as v_document_number access_service_request.document_number%type; v_order_type access_service_request.order_type%type; begin --dbms_output.put_line('mahesh'); SELECT document_number, order_type into v_document_number,v_order_type FROM ACCESS_SERVICE_REQUEST Where rownum=1; dbms_output.put_line(v_document_number); v_doc_num:= v_document_number; dbms_output.put_line('V_DOC_NUM' || v_doc_num); dbms_output.put_line(v_order_type); v_ord_type:= v_order_type; dbms_output.put_line('V_ORD_TYPE' || v_ord_type); end;
Your response would be highly appriciated.
Thanks, Tyson.This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
Try this flavor, without using the SQLOUT notation --
ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION MSSRPTD
SQL SQLORA SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR ALPHA
SQL SQLORA PREPARED SQLOUT FOR
-mrnoedit EX CTS.XYZ_3()
ON TABLE HOLD AS HLD1
TABLE FILE HLD1
I have had similar supression of output sometimes when using SQLOUT and this always works. I did not have a chance to review in detail the SQLOUT functionality and its features.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MS WF.76-10 on (WS2003 + WebSphere) / EDA on z/OS + DB2 + MS-SQL MRE, BID, Dev. Studio, Self-Service apps & a dash of fun !!
Posts: 218 | Location: Jackson, MS | Registered: October 31, 2006
still not able to retrieve data from procedure...below is the package i tried. This is package spec ------------------------ create or replace package test_pack is type test_variable is record ( CLLI_CODE VARCHAR2(50), LOCTN VARCHAR2(50));
type test_ref_cur is ref cursor return test_variable; procedure test_proc (ref_other in out test_ref_cur, locatn in number ); end;
This is package body --------------------- create or replace package body test_pack is procedure test_proc (ref_other in out test_ref_cur, locatn in number ) is begin open ref_other for select clli_code,location_name from network_location where location_id = locatn; end test_proc; end;
if i run this procedure in oracle, it is giving me output but not thru webfocus. Below is the error message i'm getting
"ERROR:ERROR_MR_FEX_NOT_FOUND Cant create item object based on provided item Key CTS.TEST_PACK.TEST_PROC."
I have followed the given code. but I do not get any result. I just get the below messge. Suprisigly, there is no error message displayed but no output either .
ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION MSSRPTD SQL SQLORA SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR ALPHA SQL SQLORA PREPARE SQLOUT FOR EX CTS.XYZ_3() ; END TABLE FILE SQLOUT PRINT * END 0 NUMBER OF RECORDS IN TABLE= 0 LINES= 0
ENGINE SQLORA SET DEFAULT_CONNECTION MSSRPTD SQL SQLORA SET CONVERSION LONGCHAR ALPHA -STARTPROC SQL SQLORA EX CTS.XYZ_3(); END TABLE ON TABLE HOLD AS SQLOUT END -RPT TABLE FILE SQLOUT PRINT * END -THEEND
WebFocus Version 7.7.05 Windows, HTML/PDF/EXL2K/AHTML