Focal Point
[CLOSED] ReportCaster to Subversion Repository

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/153105783

March 05, 2010, 03:33 PM
neuro
[CLOSED] ReportCaster to Subversion Repository
Is it possible to have Report Caster send a report to a subversion repository and submit as a new revision/changeset? We have a SVN repository and a website that connects to the SVN for documents and it would be nice if we could Caster updated reports to the SVN so that they are available there?

Probably not possible at the moment, but would be oh so sweet to have!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Currenly working @ Learning Circle Education Services
Previously worked @ Nationwide Insurance
Prod: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Test: WebFOCUS 7.6.11

Dev: WebFOCUS 7.6.11
March 08, 2010, 01:18 PM
Darin Lee
You can FTP the reports wherever you want them and then possibly have an RC post-procedure (or native script) that runs for further acceptance/processing by SVN. The only repository that RC can currently handle is the ReportCaster Library (or MRE).

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
March 09, 2010, 09:58 AM
dlogan
If you installed a command line SVN client on your Reporting Server, and you have the DOS or UNIX commands enabled on your Reporting Server; I would think this would be as simple as writing the report to a hold file and then checking that hold file into the SVN repository via command line.

e.g. Something like this:
TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY
ON TABLE HOLD AS COUNTRY FORMAT PDF
END
-SET &FILE='COUNTRY.pdf';
-SET &MESSAGE='Caster Update';
-SET &SVN = 'DOS svn ci &FILE -m "&MESSAGE"';
-RUN
&SVN

I'm not much of a report writer, so please check the report syntax, but I think you get the idea. You might have to specify the full path to the HOLD file, but I'm sure others on Focalpoint can help you with techniques to do that.

I work mostly on the admin/architecture side.