Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Having trouble with missing data

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Having trouble with missing data
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
II am trying to do a left outer join between two files with the understanding that the data in the right-most table can have missing data. My problem is this: the resultant joined output file still has what looks like blanks in the place where data is missing (Field EFC) and I want to have text show there that says the data is in fact missing by the use of "99999".

What do I have to do to accomplish this? Also, this is using Mainframe FOCUS, Release 7.1.

My appreciation to all who reply for your time and expertise.

Here is my code snippet where I am attempting this:

SET NODATA  = '99999'
SET ALL = PASS
JOIN CLEAR *
JOIN STU_ID IN R187X&INSTX   TO ALL STU_ID IN R187Y&INSTX AS FILE001
DEFINE FILE R187X&INSTX
NEWEFC    /A05 = IF EFC EQ '     ' THEN '99999' ELSE EFC;
END
TABLE FILE R187X&INSTX
PRINT
      TERM
      MAX.DUALSTD