Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [RESOLVED] BY HIGHEST 1 not working

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[RESOLVED] BY HIGHEST 1 not working
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I have the following code. Table Y has multiple rows for the same key as in Table X. The join is JOIN=ALL, LEFT OUTER. I am still getting multiple rows from Y (more than one EFF_DT3). Can anyone tell me why? I just want the row with the highest EFF_DT from table y where the Year and Month of EFF_DT is LE the Year and Month entered into the prompts.

-PROMPT &MO.Enter Month (mm).;
-PROMPT &YR.Enter Year (yyyy).;

DEFINE FILE X
EFF_DT1/YYM= X.EFF_DT;
EFF_DT2/A6YY|M=EFF_DT1;
EFF_DT3/I6YY|M = EDIT(EDIT(EFF_DT2,'999999'));
INT_MO/I2 = &MO;
INT_YR/I4 = &YR;
ALPHA_MO/A2 = EDIT(INT_MO);
ALPHA_YR/A4 = EDIT(INT_YR);
ALPHA_YR_MO/A6 = ALPHA_YR || ALPHA_MO;
PROMPT_YR_MO/I6YY|M = EDIT(EDIT(ALPHA_YR_MO,'999999'));
END

TABLE FILE X
SUM
X.DLRS
Y.DEALERS
BY HIGHEST 1 EFF_DT3 WHERE EFF_DT3 LE PROMPT_YR_MO ;
ON TABLE HOLD AS HOLDTBL1 FORMAT FOCUS
END
-RUN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ted Michalski,

Windows
EXCEL, PDF, CSV, TEXT

Gold member
posted Hide Post
I am assuming that you have the join like this.
join filed in tablex to all field in tabley as j1
if you want the date from tabley, shouldnt you be using the date in define as
EFF_DT1/YYM= Y.EFF_DT;
instead of x.dateeff?
EFF_DT1/YYM= X.EFF_DT;

7.7.01,windows2008 R2

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
BY HIGHEST 1 EFF_DT3 WHERE EFF_DT3 LE PROMPT_YR_MO ;

I have not ever seen this work reliably when combining lines. Separate them and see if it works:

BY HIGHEST 1 EFF_DT3
WHERE EFF_DT3 LE PROMPT_YR_MO;

You also might want to test all your defines by including them in the PRINT/SUM to make sure everything is calculating as you expect. You can remove or NOPRINT them after checking them all.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat

Posts: 2298 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah | Registered: February 02, 2007Report This Post