Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [SOLVED] Displaying default input dates in Firefox browser

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED] Displaying default input dates in Firefox browser
 Login/Join

posted
We call up our reports with ASP pages which allow the user to enter the dates selected, and when first called up, the screen is populated with default dates (for example, from the beginning of the year to yesterday). When the screen is called up in an Internet Explorer 8 browser, the dates display correctly, but when it is called up in a Firefox 30.0 browser, the dates do not display the year correctly. Instead of 2015, it displays as 115. Has anyone else ever come across this?

Thanks,
Eileen

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Guru
posted Hide Post
Hello EMK,

Welcome to Focal Point.

This is a friendly follow-up to your question about the displaying of the dates in Firefox.

On the IBI TechSupport site there is a link under Self-Service - Release and Compatibility - this will provide you with the browser version compatible with your version of WebFOCUS.

If you can please update your profile so that we can see which version of WebFOCUS you are running then we can provide better assistance.

Once you click on the link above ....
- click on WebFOCUS
- click on Browsers
- click on your version of WebFOCUS

For instance WebFOCUS 8.0.09 - supports Firefox v38

I hope the link helps you out.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders Inc.

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hello Tamra,

Thank you for your kind response to my post. I am sorry that I did not see it until today.

We are using WebFOCUS version 7.6.2. We contacted IBI Info-Response Online, and they found that Firefox 30.0 was not supported for our WebFOCUS version.

Since Firefox was not correctly displaying the year with the logic we were using, I tried hard-coding the first two digits of the four-digit year.

In the .asp Javascript coding, the year is populated this way:

var thisyear = (x.getYear() );

I added the following three statements immediately after that statement to substitute ‘20’ for the first two digits of the variable ‘thisyear’ if the first two digits are not already ‘20’:

var thisyr2 = thisyear.toString().substr(1,2);
var testyr = thisyear.toString().substr(0,2);
if (testyr != 20) thisyear = "20" + thisyr2;

I found that it is necessary to test before substituting the digits, because in Internet Explorer, the year is ‘2015’, so the substr(1,2) is ‘01’ and in Firefox, the year is ‘115’, so the substr(1,2) is ‘15’. (Because in Javascript the first digit is substr(0,1), the second digit is substr(1,1), etc.) Since the substring will not be the same in Internet Explorer than in Firefox, I make the changes only if the year does not already begin with ‘20’, so no change is made if the screen is being displayed in Internet Explorer.

With these two statements added, the screen displays the year correctly in Firefox as ‘2015’ rather than as ‘115’.

Thank you and best wishes,
Eileen Lonce